Omitting 1 of 3 doses/insomnia

[Ma...]

I am now at .90 mg v.  I dose at 6pm and take other 2 doses at night. Each dose is approximately 1/3 of total amount. I decided to stop the 6pm dose and combine with the 2 night time doses. Exactly 7 days later I’m hit with insomnia. Do you think removing the 6pm dose is the culprit?

When do you take the two night doses?  At the same time or at different times?  If so, what time(s)?

Did you experience insomnia for just one night or for multiple nights?

Have you noticed an uptick in any of your other withdrawal symptoms after you changed your dosing schedule?

Have you made any other changes that might be impacting you?  New food/diet, medications, supplements? 

Have you experienced any stressful life events recently?

That’s the only change I’ve made. No other uptick in Symptoms. The other doses are at 12 am and 4am. I know it takes 7 days to register a reaction. It’s been exactly 7 days. Tonight I’m going back to 3 does again. That was the only night of insomnia.

6pm, 12am, and 4am is an unusual dosing schedule for diazepam, but if that’s what was working for you, I suggest you stay with it.

Just curious … Do you eat around the same time you take your 6pm dose?  Per StatPearls (link below), the average time to peak plasma concentration after a dose of oral diazepam is 1 to 1.5 hours. This time increases to 2.5 hours in the presence of food.  Depending on when you typically go to bed, I wonder if the 6pm dose was helping you get to sleep? 

I hope changing back to your usual dosing schedule helps.

Link:

Diazepam - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537022/