Question for those with vodka-valium method please

[jo...]

I hope this question is in the right part of the forums.

I'm starting my daily liquid titration tomorrow using vodka 40%, preparing the mixture tonight and would like help.

I read on these boards, 1ml vodka 40% dissolves 1mg valium

I drew up vodka in syringe and put it on the 2mg pill in the jar.

I have not yet added the water.

The vodka-valium liquid looks like it has white bits undissolved.

Can I assume that the white bits are un-dissolvable pill fillers, and that the valium is actually dissolved?

Many thanks

All DIY liquids should be considered suspensions and not solutions. We cannot get pills to completely dissolve in any type of liquid.

Many people use alcohol to help along the process but it doesn't make it a solution it remains a suspension.

Mixing with vodka?? As in the alcohol, Vodka?? That sounds incredibly dangerous…

I got the method from here, other buddies do it.

It's only 1ml vodka (a tiny amount) per mg of valium.

I'm almost certain that the cloudiness in the mixture is just other ingredients in the pill apart from the valium.

All DIY liquids should be considered suspensions and not solutions. We cannot get pills to completely dissolve in any type of liquid.

Many people use alcohol to help along the process but it doesn't make it a solution it remains a suspension.

Vodka does dissolve diazepam completely, you need to add water, to increase the volume, as you only need 1ml vodka per 1mg diazepam.

I said above, I am now sure, that the cloudiness is the other pill ingredients, so I am not too concerned.

Just checking … are you aware that BenzoBuddies typically does not fact-check member-generated content?  Members can post whatever they want as long as they follow forum guidelines. 

Just as it would be unwise to believe everything you read on the Internet, it would be unwise to believe everything you read in member posts … especially claims such as the ones you have identified. 

The majority of our members are well-intentioned but lack the training, expertise, and equipment required to develop and test ‘recipes’ for do-it-yourself (DIY) liquids.  Consequently, I agree with jelly baby — in the absence of appropriate laboratory analyses indicating otherwise, DIY liquids should be considered to be suspensions with unknown potency and stability, not solutions.  This does not mean you can’t use DIY liquids, it just means you would be wise to take appropriate precautions (e.g. shake the liquid vigorously before measuring, use the liquid within a day or so … on that point, I just came across a study today that found a liquid containing quetiapine lost 2% of its potency over just 24 hours).

Just checking … are you aware that BenzoBuddies typically does not fact-check member-generated content?  Members can post whatever they want as long as they follow forum guidelines. 

Just as it would be unwise to believe everything you read on the Internet, it would be unwise to believe everything you read in member posts … especially claims such as the ones you have identified. 

The majority of our members are well-intentioned but lack the training, expertise, and equipment required to develop and test ‘recipes’ for do-it-yourself (DIY) liquids.  Consequently, I agree with jelly baby — in the absence of appropriate laboratory analyses indicating otherwise, DIY liquids should be considered to be suspensions with unknown potency and stability, not solutions.  This does not mean you can’t use DIY liquids, it just means you would be wise to take appropriate precautions (e.g. shake the liquid vigorously before measuring, use the liquid within a day or so … on that point, I just came across a study today that found a liquid containing quetiapine lost 2% of its potency over just 24 hours).

Yes, I am aware that members' content is not fact checked.

I did shake the jar, I made 2 days worth.

Thanks

The solution I used to get off Xanax was a 10:2:1.

I dissolved one Xanax 1 mg pill in 2 ml vodka and then stirred in 10 ml water.

To make dosing easier and so that I could divide the mixture into ever smaller doses, I would put the master mix in a 2 cup measuring cup and added more water or Gatorade to make 2 cups. Then, I could have eight 1/4 cup doses out of the one pill or even smaller doses as I went lower and lower.

Yes. The mixture did have a very small amount of debris, but it did not seem to cause any problems in my case.

I’m curious, Lilyann. How do you know that the do-it-yourself liquid you made was a solution not a suspension (or some other type of liquid)?  Did you have it professionally analyzed?  What you refer to as your ‘master mix’ was under 10% alcohol (i.e. it was mostly water). Pure Xanax/alprazolam powder is indeed soluble in 95%+ ethanol; however it has no appreciable solubility in water.

To make dosing easier and so that I could divide the mixture into ever smaller doses, I would put the master mix in a 2 cup measuring cup and added more water or Gatorade to make 2 cups. Then, I could have eight 1/4 cup doses out of the one pill or even smaller doses as I went lower and lower.

Yes. The mixture did have a very small amount of debris, but it did not seem to cause any problems in my case.

Thanks for sharing.

I’m curious. How do you know that the do-it-yourself liquid you made was a solution not a suspension (or some other type of liquid)?  Did you have it professionally analyzed?

I don't want to insist I know scientific knowledge.

Thinking about it, both milk and vodka do dissolve valium, yet, water doesn't, so, with my limited scientific knowledge, perhaps you could say it's a solution within a suspension.

Full fat homogenised milk has lots of evenly distributed fat globules, and the benzo is dissolved in these globules, but not in the whole liquid, so, that could be a solution within a suspension also.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm not insisting I right, though, as I am not a scientist.

Oh dear.  My question was meant for Lilyann, not you.  My apologies, journey — I will modify my post to make this clear.

If you are interested in an excellent, evidence-based discussion of solvents for diazepam, you might want to check out this post/thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=267260.msg3372864#msg3372864

The information about precipitation of diazepam might be of particular interest.

I didn't claim it was a solution. That is just my mixture, and I've been off Xanax for over 2 years now.

Your post suggested otherwise, hence my question.

Oh. Got you. No. I do not know that the benzo is equally distributed with 10:2:1. I do know that I tried breaking pills which was horrendous, and making the liquid allowed me to taper off in small doses.

We now have a compounding pharmacy in this area, but we did not at the time I was getting off Xanax.

I am glad this space included many voices and that I found an approach that worked.

Oh dear.  My question was meant for Lilyann, not you.  My apologies, journey — I will modify my post to make this clear.

If you are interested in an excellent, evidence-based discussion of solvents for diazepam, you might want to check out this post/thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=267260.msg3372864#msg3372864

The information about precipitation of diazepam might be of particular interest.

That's ok and thanks for the link.