Advice needed: when to make cuts as I get lower

[BW...]

Hi all,

I have tapered down from 1.5mg Lorazepam to .85mg.  I am dry cutting, cutting 5-7% of the previous dose every 2 weeks and I use a scale.  I am splitting my doses into 4 times (the following numbers are weights in grams, not dosage):  7:30am (.03g), 12 noon (.015mg), 4pm (.03mg), and 1:30am (.025mg).  I dose 4x as Lorazepam is a short-acting benzo.  However, as I get lower, I'm not sure what the best way is to split my dosages.  Going forward, should I cut a little off of each dose?  Should I just focus on cutting from one dose (I'm tempted to just cut the noon dose & gradually only having 3 dose times)?  Any experience or advice with this would be helpful.  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

BWarrior

These are good questions and they depend on you and your situation.  Practically speaking, its better to dose short acting drugs many times a day but we get to a point where it’s not longer feasible as the dose gets too small so you’re doing the right thing by figuring out which dose to eliminate when the time comes.  It sounds like your midday dose could possibly be on the chopping block?

Hi Pamster,

I was considering cutting out the noon dose, but I think I'm going to first make smaller cuts to the 7:30am & 4pm, and then after I do that, try to cut out the noon dose.  Does this sound like a good plan?

Thanks,

BWarrior

Whatever suits your needs is the way your taper should be structured, we’re all so different, one size definitely doesn’t fit all.  Let us know how it works for you, everything we write here will help someone else.