Anybody have constant air hunger go away? Please, please respond

[te...]

Hello, I've had air hunger for almost 18 months straight, never gone for a single day.  Through my brief cold turkey, 15 month taper, and 3 months after.  Has anyone had this for months after they took their last pill and had it go away?  I'm talking 100% constant air hunger.

Hi there, i am 32 months benzo free.I had this symptom constantly at night for about 2 years then it was faded and finally gone. Hang in there it will go away eventually.
  • Like 1

But only at night?  Man, it seems like a lot of people have it like that.  Mine is all day every day! 

You're saying yours didn't even improve until 2 years, or was it getting slightly better over time?

It was mostly at night. I have had so many other symptoms that when this 1 disappeared I kind of didn’t notice.

When I was in acute I had a little ‘game’ with self. For example:

Air hunger. I’d say, Okay-symptom. Check!

Headache: symptom. Check!

GI: symptom. Check!

Going.Insane. Check! Check! Check!

I also said some unprintable curse words, but it helped somehow. Just drew it down to the simplest level. At that small level I wasn’t overwhelmed. I said it out loud along with,

Okay. Next! Let’s get this over with!!

I guess you just do what you can 🙏

The problem is my air hunger is 24/7 so it doesn't ever end.  :/ It has its times of being slightly less intolerable though, so I can pretty much play a game like that I guess.

Wow.  Awesome that it worked.  I tried one in the beginning and it did not work.  :/ And have been too afraid to introduce anything like that since

I had air hunger for first two months. Very severe and constant. Now, 1 year since my taper began and 10 months completely off, I have it for a few brief periods a day. Not a constant anymore. But I do have other symptoms which have not let up at all like a terrible neck/base of skull crunching and cracking that gets worse somedays and a tolerable on others but never goes away. It has improved since I jumped but never goes away completely. I know there are a lot of nerves in this area and while it felt like my head was cemented to my neck for months, it has gradually "released" to allow for more comfortable movement but crunches all the time. The point is: We all get different symptoms in different ways. It's all bad but it gets better.

It's good to hear from somebody that it was constant but still went away so soon.  To be sure—when you say constant, do you mean 24/7, never going away at all whatsoever?  I have never had a moment of truly normal breathing in all of this.  Not during my whole taper either.  Now I am 88 days off though.