Video Interview, Dec/21 -- "Swapnil Gupta, MD: Deprescribing in Psychiatry"

[La...]

Here is another wonderful and informative interview from the filmmakers of "Medicating Normal". This one features host Angie Peacock (one of the subjects of the film) interviewing New York-based psychiatrist Dr. Swapnil Gupta on the topic of "Deprescribing in Psychiatry".

This information appears below the video:

Swapnil Gupta, MD (she/her) is a psychiatrist working in NYC. Her main interest is in psychiatric deprescribing or the systematic reduction/ cessation of superfluous medications. She has written papers and a book on the topic and hopes to foster transparent, medication-related conversations between practicing psychiatrists, patients, ex-patients, psychiatric survivors and the lay public.

At least some doctors are starting to realize that their profession is almost completely out of control when it comes to prescribing. Particularly in prescribing medications which can have such devastating long term effects.

Thank you for posting this.

It seems that there are suddenly more than 2000 views of this thread. Perhaps there's some "bot" action going on. Strange.

That is odd. You must have said the magic word in that post somewhere.

It seems that there are suddenly more than 2000 views of this thread. Perhaps there's some "bot" action going on. Strange.

That is odd. You must have said the magic word in that post somewhere.

Really?! Is that how it works? I'm not well-versed in these things. I did check the video itself, and it doesn't appear that there are suddenly 2000 more views of that, so I guess the nice bots just want to see my BB post. Crazy! :idiot:

Now I will be wondering what the magic word was! Any ideas on that one? "Deprescribing" is a good word. I really hope it's that. We need much more deprescribing in the the world.  ;)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Lapis2.

My pleasure, Libertas. It seems there are so many good videos from the "Medicating Normal" team. Good to see all this work being done to share such hard-to-get information.

I loved the energy and enthusiasm that Angie Peacock, the host, brought to the interview. She was deeply interested and engaged with the topic. Great stuff!