Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Can Hydroxyzine help Ativan withdrawal

[Sh...]

I am preparing typing my Ativan for short time use at low dose (3 months, 0.25 mg-0.5mg for most of days) for GAD.I believe that I have already had physical dependence on it and struggling every day. I head someone said hydroxyzine can relieve some anxiety during typing. Has anyone done that? I really do appreciate any advice and experience!

I don’t have experience with it but I’ve read members who have taken it, you could do a search to see what others have said.

It’s important to understand that adding or subtracting any medications at this time can be problematic, our central nervous system is so sensitive we don’t always react the way we normally would. 

Any other medication you introduce adds potential risk. Trust me, I am in the unfortunate situation of healing from withdrawal and now having to withdraw from the "comfort meds" a top 5 hospital gave me. Last night, I got a new, unpleasant side effect from the 1.5 percent dose taper of the additional medication to add to an already long list of Ativan withdrawal side effects.

If I were in your position, I would take the path of least resistance.

But none of us are your doctors or you, so you have to decide based on your situation.

Nothing can help w/d per se, but there a lot of options in treating the symptoms from it.

Hydroxyzine can work really well for a lot of people for your anxiety and also sleep.

For me, it makes me irritable and causes difficulty breathing, but I take a tiny sliver here and there and it works! Luck 🙏