Scared, Please help

[Sh...]

Hi Sherry,

Libertas is smarter than I concerning compound liquid ativan.  I will answer your question but hopefully Libertas can chime in.

You had other questions so let me answer those first.

You asked about daily micro cut versus cut and hold.  Here is an example.  You said you wanted to try 10% reduction every 10 days.  That is a cut and hold.  A daily micro cut would do 1% per day.

You also asked about direct cut and titration.  Direct cut is for tablets (breaking off bits) but titration is for liquids.

It is going to be complicated for you to reduce 10% since you take 3 different abouts each day.

The simplest way to reduce 10% is to do the following steps:

(1) Each reduction, you want to decrease your total for the day by 0.05mg.  If your biggest symptom is insomnia, then only remove the 0.05mg from either the morning or noon dose.  If your biggest problem is daytime panic attacks, then remove the 0.05mg from the bed time dose.

(2) Now hold for 2 weeks or until the symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer. 

Repeat the above two steps until you are done.

Bob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [Pa...]

• [Li...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob

Thank you very much for your help.  I saw some member who reduced his dose 0.001mg per

Day for 7 days and hold 3days. If I use this method, for example, 0.5mg-0.007mg

=0.493mg. so for 10 days, the reduction is only 1%. I am really confused. Sorry for the silly question.

I think you are saying you want to reduce 0.007 mg per day for 7 days and hold for 3 and then repeat.

That would be a 9% reduction in 10 days.

That is fine.

Sherry I answered your question regarding my reduction method on my thread. You can use the 7/3 approach but at 0.75mg it's probably going to take you a very long time to finish if you only reduce by 0.001mg per day. This 7/3 approach in my opinion is better suited when you're closer to finishing your taper. I suggest at this stage you rather  base your taper on percentages.