Any pattern to when one sees less of a broken sleep pattern?

[Ne...]

I am looking forward to a night when I can have four hours of continuous sleep unbroken.  I am in my 19th month post CT of very short benzo use and am amazed as to how long this pattern of broken sleep is lasting.  Does any one have feedback as to how they went to less broken sleep - was it gradual or a quick transition into longer sleep?  My friends who have not gone through benzo withdrawal say that this is to be expected for people in their late 60’s but I was always such a good sleeper pre-benzo and my broken sleep pattern is so consistent with many buddies on this forum.

I struggle w sleep too. I do sleep hygiene STRICT. Lights off same hour every night. No phone 1 hour before bed. Stretch before bed. Breathing exercises. Cold environment.

I wake up every 1-2 hours. But I manage 830-530. And typically it takes me 15-20 min to fall back asleep each time I wake up.

Almost 16 months out, still same broken sleep as the last 12 months... only first 3,5 months in acute were waaaay worse  but since then its all mini waves and windows but NEVER normal, not 1 night all this time. In month 11 I once al.ost slept through the night, 7 hrs only 1 wake up.

My most common "good" night is something like 3 hrs/1,5 hrs/1,5 hrs or 3/2/1,5 or if super lucky 4/1,5/1,5. I nearly always wake up after around 3 hours, often then or afyer the 2nd wake up i will be awake, wide awake for 1 to 3 hours or if bad luck the rest of the night. Still get plenty of 3,5 to 4,5 hour nights but luckily close to half the nights are 5,5+ hrs.

Maybe I have gotten around 15 or so times 5 hours in a row but I never like improve my baseline, its always up and down up and down bit worse for some weeks, bit better for a aweek maybe 2 weeks.

I am 41... i pretty much didnt get a bad night in my life, can count them.on my 2 hands and were caused by noise etc. I nearly always slept 7 hrs straight sometimes 8. Its very frustrating especially cause i  feel my baseline is not improving. I still get hypnic jerks too though often its mild now. Other symltoms are mostly gone, its all sleep related though sometimss still get blips of the mental stuff.

I can handle like 2 wake ups but not when then i lay awake hrs and dont fall back asleep. I have slso had nights were if get  7 hrs but wake up every 1,5 hr its insane like each sleep cycle i wake up. Usually with the dreams.

Also it has NOTHING to do with stress or sleep anxiety, i can have real bad sleep anxiety and stress because the next day i have to go to the office cause of something i cant do from home and then i get 7 broken hours and feel fine, or go to bed peacefully and have a horrible wavy bad night and be trashed the next day.

I often feel very sleep deprived and then horrible but dont ever feel sleepy or even fatigued, just UGH.

i also doubt you will get answers on the Insomnia forum... seems its mostly pretty desperate people on here (like myself) that are still in the thick of it. Iam guessing, and hoping, those who went before us are doing better and left bb. If i would be better i think id avoid the Insomnia forum for years out of fear it would trigger the benzo thing again.