Liquid titration question

[We...]

Hello,

I am planning on using NAC. I have 500mg capsule form.

But I just want to try a tiny bit to see if I am sensitive to it. So i am planning to take like 20mg and then work my way up if I dont have bad reaction.

So I was thinking about dissolving 500mg in 500ml of water. That will give me ratio of 1ml=mg.

I always see here that ppl take suringe and take out the amount of liquid that they are not going to drink. But, why noone ever takes the amount that they plan to drink? For example, why cant i take 20ml with suringe and drink that liquid from the suringe? And then when i want another 20ml i get another 20ml out of that same glass with the suringe and drink it?

I hope u understand me. Point is why dont noone ever drinks from the suringe?

We have many members who use a ‘measure/ingest’ (or a ‘measure/dilute/ingest’) technique, especially those who are using commercially manufactured or professionally compounded liquids.

Hi, thx for the fast answer but i dont understand much of what u wrote... Is that measure/ingest technique the one that i described? I dont know about commercial liquids,i described the way i want to do it. Is my way ok? Can i do it like i described?

Thx for your time so much

Hi, thx for the fast answer but i dont understand much of what u wrote... Is that measure/ingest technique the one that i described? I dont know about commercial liquids,i described the way i want to do it. Is my way ok? Can i do it like i described?

Thx for your time so much

Yes. You indicated you wished to measure a dose and then ingest it versus measuring a reduction, discarding it, and ingesting the remaining liquid as shown in the Benzo Brains video.  fwiw … the Benzo Brains approach has been used by some but certainly not all members; like all approaches, it works for some individuals but not others.

I do not know if there is credible evidence to support the safety, efficacy, and accuracy of using a do-it-yourself NAC liquid. You might try posting your question on our Alternative Therapies & Supplements board.

How do u mean it works for some but not others? Its like pure physics, i ingest instead of discarding and drinking the rest. How can it not work? Whats there not to work? If the particles are equaly dispersed in luquid then it doesnt matter if I ingest or do the reduction technique. If they are not dispersed equally then non of the techniques are reliable and its a lottery thing. If u get what I am saying?

How do u mean it works for some but not others? Its like pure physics, i ingest instead of discarding and drinking the rest. How can it not work? Whats there not to work? If the particles are equaly dispersed in luquid then it doesnt matter if I ingest or do the reduction technique. If they are not dispersed equally then non of the techniques are reliable and its a lottery thing. If u get what I am saying?

In the case of do-it-yourself liquids made with regular benzodiazepine tablets and water, we cannot assume the drug particles are evenly dispersed throughout the liquid.

To my knowledge, there are no methods that have been proven to be 100% accurate. 

I hope you are able to find an answer to your question about making and using a do-it-yourself NAC liquid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am planning on using NAC. I have 500mg capsule form.

But I just want to try a tiny bit to see if I am sensitive to it. So i am planning to take like 20mg and then work my way up if I dont have bad reaction.

So I was thinking about dissolving 500mg in 500ml of water. That will give me ratio of 1ml=mg.

I always see here that ppl take suringe and take out the amount of liquid that they are not going to drink. But, why noone ever takes the amount that they plan to drink? For example, why cant i take 20ml with suringe and drink that liquid from the suringe? And then when i want another 20ml i get another 20ml out of that same glass with the suringe and drink it?

I hope u understand me. Point is why dont noone ever drinks from the suringe?

I could not use NAC as I have mercury fillings and the helpful people over on the supplements/stack advice thread says NAC chelates the mercury out of the fillings.

If you have mercury fillings, then I would not use NAC.

I just wanted to put that, I myself, have no experience with it, with having mercury fillings and being unable to take it.

People take their meds in different ways I expect.

I am now using syringes to measure out my valium-vodka-water mix.

I measure using the syringe, and I drink from the jar I put the dose in.