Could HGH help repair benzo damage?

[Oz...]

Wish it was that easy. The number of GABA receptors is slowly restored in response to benzodiazepine cessation or dose reduction. The rate of withdrawal of treatment needs to allow time for GABA receptors to regenerate if withdrawal symptoms are to be minimized.” The brain heals and rebalances, but it takes time

i would imagine some may have permanent problem/s. Nerve damage etc. little is still know bc the FDA wont do pharmacological testing. the testing is outdated and inconclusive.

I’ve read several things as well showing hgh shows promise.  It was shown to help aid in the recovery of tbi which I feel benzo wd give some people a chemically induced traumatic brain injury.  So if hgh can speed up the recovery of a brain that was damaged from blunt force trauma I don’t see why it can’t speed up the recovery of a brain that was damaged by chemical induced trauma. 

My personal experience with hgh is that I have used it in the past at 2iu 5 days a week for 6 months and it did heal a torn rotator cuff that my drs said required surgery and would not heal on its own without surgery.  My drs were blown away that my shoulder was 100% healed without surgery

I currently am running bpc157 and have a couple months in attempts to hopefully repair my last and final yet quite debilitating symptom of head pressure and pain which I feel is possibly nerve damage if in a couple more months if no improvement I plan to start back on hgh so I will keep you posted on it if bpc157 does not work

Awesome look forward to updates from you as well.  What kind of hgh are you using green tops blues or what and what does your regimen look like

Growth hormone certainly isn't going to hurt. However like first person said sometimes only time will heal. I've taken 1cc a week of name brand hgh and test. I've been on it for a few years and I certainly felt much better than when I missed dose a week or so.

I have met with my hormone Dr several times a year and he is 20 plus years sober (alcohol) like me. He also knows I am 13 months clean from Benzos. He has offered no answers really. He has been an obgyn for 40 years, guy should know. Not a magic bullet in my eyes.

Ive had labs done 2 times in 13 months and was really concerned my blood was going to tell a bad story, however they are rock solid. He did say unusual that there was no signs of trauma post quitting. I was really surprised. Only change there was he bumped up my weekly intake. Appeared to burn my levels off quicker.

I don't know if this helps...

Wester when you say 1cc do you mean the entire bottle mixed in 1cc? That’s a very large subq injection    Hgh unit of measurement is IU but of course that can be mixed however you want.  You sure you aren’t talking about testosterone which usually is a 1cc injection IM.  Growth hormone is usually injected sub q in small amounts say 0.1 or 0.2ml 5 days or so a week

Hi thanks for bringing this to the forum. I've actually looked into it a tiny bit (not a doctor, not a scientist) but it seems to at least help you heal faster? So it might speed up even our benzo induced injuries - although also here I guess we are more sensitive than most ;) please keep us posted!

Wester sorry didn’t see you said hgh and test both.  Well what I can say is if you are taking hgh once per week that is not how someone therapeutically doses hgh I’ve never heard of anyone dosing less frequently than 3 x per week even then it’s rare usually it’s done daily and people take a 2 day break so they don’t get too accustomed to it.  Wonder how you’d heal if you took 2 iu 5 days a week + the test.  Testosterone if it’s enanthate has a long half life and once a week injection is fine.  Hgh not so much

Wish it was that easy. The number of GABA receptors is slowly restored in response to benzodiazepine cessation or dose reduction. The rate of withdrawal of treatment needs to allow time for GABA receptors to regenerate if withdrawal symptoms are to be minimized.” The brain heals and rebalances, but it takes time

I think you're right. Heck, you are right.

Flumazenil also stimulates GABA receptor up-regulation. A few on BB have had it help, and it failed for others. Clinics that do those treatments, say one must be post-acute or protracted. Sadly, time is the only known healer. But if you are really far out, and you have the money, The Coleman Institute and a few other places will hook you up to an IV bag.

I'll be curious to see how GHRH helps any who are willing to try it. So, following...

jdoe1211 - 10ml bottle of HgH last me 5 weeks. .5c a 2x a week. I had local compound pharmacy make it until FDA stepped in and outlawed generic. Prices went up 7 times what I paid. I still am pissed about that.

My labs have been perfect and until I doc and I decided to stop benzos I had biological body age of a 20yo. Not anymore...

I’ve never seen hgh dispensed like that.  Usually it’s in tiny bottles with nothing but a powder cake at the bottom and you decide how much bacteriostatic water to add.  If you have a legal prescription you may want to reconsider where you get it from.  From my understanding hgh is not stable even refrigerated once reconstituted for over a week.  So you may be flushing a lot of money down the toilet.  If mods allow it I can tell you where I get mine at $120 for 100iu box which is 10 bottles of 10iu powder and I usually (used to rather) put 1 ml of bacteriostatic water in it which reconstitutes it to 1iu =0.1ml on an insulin syringe.  At 2iu mon-fri taking the weekends off that’s 10 bux per week.  Prob a bit cheaper than what you’re paying

I take Pregnyl and it comes as powder in vial. I reconstitute with sterile water. Both manufacturer and pharmacy give directions for storage in frig which is good for the duration to prescribed. I have a doctor with a large hospital and legit pharmacy that now supplies Pregnyl from big pharma since compounding is now illegal. I believe they sent that letter out 2 years ago, something like that.

Labs and regular doctor visits the prescribed works for me. I have been on this same setup for 8 years with blood panel 2 times a year with near perfect results. My test and free test levels are spot on.

Medicine and what works for each individual can be voodoo at times

I tried to attach a photo but all I can do is copy and paste a link.  Pregnyl is HCG not HGH    It’s a medication take for fertility. One of two things is going on either you googled the wrong thing in an attempt to give advice of something you clearly are not taking OR your physician has seriously mislead you and you need to consider a lawsuit if you thought you were getting HGH (human growth hormone) and paying high dollar for hgh treatment  See the link below.  Pregnyl is HCG not HGH

https://newerapharmacy.com/fertility/medications/pregnyl/

Interesting study finding: "Growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) has recently been shown to increase the level of γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and activate GABA receptors (GABARs) in the cerebral cortex"

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-18416-5

Given the downregulation of GABA receptors caused by benzo usage could HGH help repair the damage?

The thing is, we don't really know what's broken with us.

Are benzo receptors down regulated with benzo use? Yes. Are benzo receptors still down regulated six months after the last dose? I know of no study that shows that in humans (or even mice).  That doesn't mean that's not what is happening, we just have no proof of it.

There are probably a dozen different mechanisms of how benzos could break various systems in the brain and we just have no real evidence of what is going on.

There are a number of reasons for this. If you're going to look for a mechanism for post benzo damage you have to admit that post benzo damage is a thing. Most in the medical community are not much in the mood to admit that.

Also, it's really hard to look at these things. You don't have really great visibility to what it going on in the brain at a very fine level. In some cases you'd want to do some sort of post mortem examination of benzo damage suffers, but I've never heard of any interest in that.

So is it that benzo receptors remain down regulated long after cessation of the drug? I know some studies on mice that claim this is not the case. But, I wouldn't consider them to be definitive. But, it could be that glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) is down regulated which would shift the GABA <-> Glutamate balance toward glutamate.

Or it could be that some epigenetic change has occurred that changes the conformation of the GABA receptors themselves.

Or the GABA receptors are still there but have uncoupled from the nervous system.

Or it's not the GABA receptors at all, it is the translocator proteins on mitochondria (which benzos and GABA also bind to) that have become dysfunctional.

The point is, nobody can tell you what exactly these drugs have done to us and what treatment might be beneficial. Because almost nobody in the medical profession accepts this is a problem and are trying to figure this out.

Growth hormone certainly isn't going to hurt.

Unfortunately you can't say that unequivocally.

If you're unlucky and have a bit of cancer slowly growing somewhere inside you, GH can kick up it's growth rate and make it move toward metastasizing.

Won't happen to the vast majority of people. But there will be an unlucky few.

Growth hormone certainly isn't going to hurt.

Unfortunately you can't say that unequivocally.

If you're unlucky and have a bit of cancer slowly growing somewhere inside you, GH can kick up it's growth rate and make it move toward metastasizing.

Won't happen to the vast majority of people. But there will be an unlucky few.

Nathan I'm sure. Not going to go down any rabbit holes but do you have any links or study links even informal ones to recovery? I can see HgH being a body nerve restoration curious of anything cognitive. I have a few friends that cycled it and was so subtle requiring alot of discipline, time and money

I think you're right. Heck, you are right.

Flumazenil also stimulates GABA receptor up-regulation. A few on BB have had it help, and it failed for others. Clinics that do those treatments, say one must be post-acute or protracted. Sadly, time is the only known healer. But if you are really far out, and you have the money, The Coleman Institute and a few other places will hook you up to an IV bag.

I'll be curious to see how GHRH helps any who are willing to try it. So, following...

I'm also very curious! It seems that some had good results with mesenchymal stem cells (Nov3, TaterTot1). Often these clinics also seem to use HGH.

If anyone is interested I probably will be using hgh bpc157 and tb500 coming up soon.  I’m just tired of waiting. Those 3 compounds from my understanding are the ones within reason financially that show the most promising.  I just got a bottle of intranasal nad that I’ll post results from as well although im not expecting much.  I’ve basically tried everything a person can try and my only options left are the nad+ route nmn reseveratrol or basically trying to get blood nad up

Bpc157 tb500 hgh

And the last thing is stem cells

As far as I know there is nothing left I haven’t tried so hoping for a miracle

• Like 1