Some firsts this week while in PAWS

[Re...]

I wanted to share some positive things that happened this past week since I have spent more time here sharing about symptoms and other setbacks in PAWS. Next Tuesday will be 4.5 months for me off of Ativan. I am not celebrating yet; not making any declarations. I barely trust progress since I have been through many ups and downs and have had hope for hope to be lost many, many times. Here is what I noticed/experienced happening in the past week:

--For the first time in over four months, jaw and head pain diminished enough for me to not stay in bed all day in pain

--I laughed—a deep belly laugh—for the first time in over four months

--I made light of my situation and joked about it for the first time in over four months

--I enjoyed feeling the sun on my skin for the first time in over four months

--I could feel love for my dog for the first time in over four months

--I slept 9-12 hours many nights in a row for the first time in over four months

--I closed the door to the bedroom for the first time in over four months, which is miraculous since I fear being alone due to PTSD from benzo withdrawal 

--For the first time in over four months, I went from barely being able to order food online to doing some light work and experiencing some executive function returning

--I am eating enough food and starting to gain weight back for the first time in over four months 

--I watched a reality TV show for the first time in over four months—I could follow the storyline and didn’t feel attacked or panicked by it

--I drove an unfamiliar car which might not seem like a big deal, but I have barely driven in the last months, and to drive a car I wasn't familiar with seemed miraculous

Regardless of what happens from here, I am grateful for these moments. I would love to hear about your healing moments on the way to recovery.

That is amazing! Sounds like you're making some good progress. Good on you for being able to recognise some big and small victories!

Nice work!!! Happy for you. You sound like you are on the right track!!! Being able to follow a story line and drive is truly a sign of healing

• 2 months later...