Where can I find instructions for liquid titration of Clonazepam?

[Ze...]

My doctor has given me the go ahead to start a micro taper of my Clonazepam. He wants me to get off that one first and then taper the Valium as I’ve been on Clonazepam regularly for a much shorter period of time. A liquid taper seems the most accurate way to go to me, however there isn’t a compounding pharmacy here capable of doing that. So I’m looking for resources with instructions for a liquid taper.

Thanks!

-Z

We don’t actually have instructions since it’s such an individual process but YouTube has a lot of video’s you can watch so you could start there then we can help you figure out your specific needs.

So today I reduced from .5 to .475 of Klonopin using a gram scale, and feeling it some already. I feeling relatively stable at .5 but I figure all reductions will cause some bad feelings for awhile….

Due to the inaccuracy of my scale I’ve decided to do a liquid titration. I’m a bit mathematically challenged though. Today I made a 5 percent cut, but am feeling it. I told my doctor I wanted to reduce my K dosage by 10 percent over the next 10 days, so I’m thinking of just going back up to .5 and starting the liquid titration beginning tomorrow.

If I dissolve a .5mg tablet of Clonazepam into 300ml of water , removing 3ml the first day would be a one percent cut. The next day I’d remove 6ml , then 9ml, etc. adding one percent to each time. Am I thinking this through correctly?

I believe this will be smoother on my system and I can make my own spreadsheet, just want to make sure I’m not squandering the math here.

Thanks for y’all’s support.

Peace and love,

Z

If I dissolve a .5mg tablet of Clonazepam into 300ml of water , removing 3ml the first day would be a one percent cut. The next day I’d remove 6ml , then 9ml, etc. adding one percent to each time. Am I thinking this through correctly?

That is correct that the first reduction would be 1%, but the next reduction would be a slightly larger percent, because you're removing the same amount but from a smaller starting dose. As you continue to cut 3 mL each time, your percentage cut will grow.

hereforhelp has made an important point — one of the potential ‘gotchas’ of making fixed amount reductions in dose is that the percent reduction increases over time.  For example, over the first 30 days of the taper you’re considering, the amount of liquid ingested would begin at 300mL and end at 210mL.  That’s a 30% reduction in dose.  Over the second 30 days, the amount would decrease from 210mL to 120mL — a 42.8% reduction.

PS When you add water to a regular clonazepam tablet, the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and excipients in the tablet disperse (as in disintegrate, fall apart).  Because clonazepam (the API) has an extremely low solubility in water, it does not dissolve (the same applies to the water-insoluble excipients in the tablet).

Thanks for the information. I quickly realized that the water method was not working with Klonopin- after one try I decided to just get a nail file and start making small reductions.

I recently cut from .5 K to .48 and I cut from 12V to 11.5

I was quite stable, and now it is very hard to function again due to intense symptoms. I made the mistake of making this cut before a vacation with my wife, and I am considering moving back up to the dose I was stable on so as not to ruin this trip.

But part of me feels I have to hold here and wait it out. Anyone have any thoughts? I made this cut on 1-15.

Thanks for the information. I quickly realized that the water method was not working with Klonopin- after one try I decided to just get a nail file and start making small reductions.

I recently cut from .5 K to .48 and I cut from 12V to 11.5

I was quite stable, and now it is very hard to function again due to intense symptoms. I made the mistake of making this cut before a vacation with my wife, and I am considering moving back up to the dose I was stable on so as not to ruin this trip.

But part of me feels I have to hold here and wait it out. Anyone have any thoughts? I made this cut on 1-15.

Hi!

Ive been tapering off of 1mg (0.330g) clon since 12.1.22 and am down to 0.266g starting this week. I’ve been having scale issues, which I can’t seem to resolve though many kind souls have tried to help me here. I’m now wondering if liquid titration is the way to go. I have yet to find a compounding pharmacy that I can afford. ALL of it is confusing to my brain. May I ask what type of scale you’re using? I have the Smart Weigh Gem 50, but my drafty, crooked antique house could be constantly throwing things off. I only wish I was at the point where I could just file down from one pill.  I know you don’t see it this way, but you’re lucky!  :D I hope the filing is working for you.

❤️

C