Will i heal on olanzapine

[Ri...]

Does anybody know if i will heal while taking olanzapine? Im about 4 years off kolonopin and havnt healed yet. I was getting extremely unwell mentally and had to go on olanzapine. Ive tried to taper off several times and get extremely mentally and physically unwell even doing a micro taper. My thoughts are maybe my brain is too messed up still from the benzo withdrawal and i just cant handle getting off the olanzapine yet. Im hoping if i stay on it for an extended period of time maybe my brain will heal from the benzos and then i can come off the olanzapine. Im worried though because ive read things like olanzapine is sedative and acts on gaba receptors weakly, so im worried i wont heal while taking it :(. Does anyone have any experience with this or knowledge?

• 2 months later...

Ok, I'm not trying to fearmonger here, but olanzapine is a brutal drug to be on and withdraw from. If you go on drugs.com and look at olanzapine reviews, there are countless stories of the withdrawal, of the insane weight gain and metabolic issues, of the nullification of personality.. It's seriously a b**** to get off of too. A lot of users report that it changes their sleep cycle from the first dose, and thereafter they can't get restful sleep, even after weeks or months of not using. It stands as the most potent antipsychotic on the market.

If you're absolutely determined to be on an antipsychotic or antidepressant for now, there are some users who swear by getting on something a little less potent, like mainstream antidepressants such as Prozac, Zoloft, etc.. olanzapine will probably tamper with your healing, as it has exceptionally potent antipsychotic activity.