Anxiety~

[Ra...]

Hi Everyone,

I am 22 months of from ATI.

This is the worst setback I am experiencing it.

My anxiety was so bad that I am having pain in my body, headache and running high blood pressure for many days at 170/110.

Sleepless of night etc.  My body system seem to gone haywire again, I am so tired.

I keep entertaining those intrusive thought and let it frighten myself until I am super tense up.

Anyone has a better solution to teach me how to get over it?

Help :(

Rainbow, I am sorry to hear that you are suffering. Grounding with ice or cold water on my face has helped me when I am anxious, and I use Heart Rate Variability breathing techniques. You can find HRV videos on YouTube, and there are also breathing apps. However difficult in those anxious moments, deep breathing is essential to slow down the response. Also, tapping, heat packs on my back, yoga stretches, brown noise, and acupuncture all help me. And obviously, meditation either with a guided imagery app or without one.

Thank you Rebecca for sharing your experience and methods.

I just feel tough to calm down cos i am alone :(

I’ll go check it out the HRV videos ^^

I had a panic attack recently, and I was breathing like a whale to calm down. DEEEP BREATHS. Eventually, I did. It takes practice, and the beginning is the most challenging part. There is such convenience in taking a pill. The work to calm our bodies down is much more time-consuming and difficult, even though it is the simplest solution. Honestly, it beats this terrible medication withdrawal/losing time and life to recover. I wish a doctor had told me to train my breathing instead of taking a benzo. It would have saved me such heartache. I am working on training my body to relax with breathwork. It's free also, which is a big perk.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am 22 months of from ATI.

This is the worst setback I am experiencing it.

My anxiety was so bad that I am having pain in my body, headache and running high blood pressure for many days at 170/110.

Sleepless of night etc.  My body system seem to gone haywire again, I am so tired.

I keep entertaining those intrusive thought and let it frighten myself until I am super tense up.

Anyone has a better solution to teach me how to get over it?

Help :(

You can also try helping your gut. Probiotics, fiber suppliments and leafy greens. You can always give it a try if you can tolerate suppliments. All the best.