Dig deep and move forward

[Sh...]

I’ve been sent a few messages for help lately and thought it best for my mental health to give some here. I’m in a wave right now so can’t give a lot of energy and I’m sorry for it. But it’s self preservation.

But I’ll say this, I slept 2 hrs last night. I went to gym and lifted heavier weights than anyone else in my pump class.

You can do whatever u want. Saying I cant is not going to help, it’s BS. You can do anything u put ur mind to. Get ur head straight. That is super important.

I saw a meme the other day that said,” you are a meat covered skeleton riding a rock floating thru space…. Fear nothing”

Yes. It’s a miracle we are even here. Get up and show up every day even when it hurts, especially when it hurts. Stop the negative self talk. Say I’m gunna try. Even if u can’t say I can yet.  You must break out of that negative loop.

Come on guys. Dig deep. Let’s dig ourselves out of this trench forever.

Thanks Shayna

I am always in awe of your strength. I seriously don't know how you can do it.

Thank you for coming back to give support even when things are not going well for you.

U don’t know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice - bob Marley x

Words to live by X-ray x strength is in us all, u just have to really dig to find it some days x today is one of those days for me x

One foot in front of the other mate x we’ll get there

My family is coming for nye. I have to clean my house, make a cake and cook a bbq now. All while pretending I’m fine.

Meryl Streeps got nothing on me. This is going to be an Oscar winning performance 🤘

i keep forgetting that youre aussie. You live in the future where it is already nye. I hope youre able to enjoy yourself. I look forward to the day when it isnt such a struggle for us to have fun,

I miss not thinking about everything I eat of drink. I miss having a glass of wine or 2 and a giggle.

Happy new year xray. This is going to be the year we get better xx

Hey shayna, sorry you are in a wave, always so rough after a bit better window then it crashes down again (and again and again). Got 2 super broken crap 3hr nights myself, sure toxic family holiday dramas didnt help. The night before that was 8 hrs only 2 wake ups...

Gosh yes please let this be the year it normalises

Hey! Not should, it is going to be the year. I know it. I will see u both better this time next year, but u gotta work for it. I’m chasing after it I’m not waiting around anymore. I know I’m able to do that because my baseline has improved but the changes started happening to me when I accepted it. X doesn’t mean ur ok with it, just that u stop fighting against it and ur in flow. Let go and trust the process x it helps truly

• 2 weeks later...
Im 53, i didnt sleep one minute day before yesterday and went jogging for 3 miles and walked for another 2, then did push ups, lifted weights. I figure whatever, im not going to have a heart attack...if i do at least im getting healthy instead of just sitting here.

Yeah, Shayna! You're killin' it. You too, Spitfire.

I've been doing a graduate degree through my entire taper. I started it right before I got sick. Took three months off for the acute BS,  and then have muscled through the degree this last year while tapering. I'm going to school full time.  And while working. It has been HARD. I hike a few miles every weekend. I teach two yoga classes a week. I feel like crap a LOT of the time. MOST of the time. But here we are. This is my life. That Bob Marley quote is everything for me.

Here's another one I love:

"Patience is not something you develop out of choice; it's something you develop because you see nothing else works." - Ram Dass

You just don't think you have it in you until you realize you better have it in you ... no one else is going to hold up your life for you. It has to be you.

And with that, I hope you get some sleep SOON.

xx openroad

Im 53, i didnt sleep one minute day before yesterday and went jogging for 3 miles and walked for another 2, then did push ups, lifted weights. I figure whatever, im not going to have a heart attack...if i do at least im getting healthy instead of just sitting here.

sadly all normal... my first 3,5 months i had many 0 nights sometimes followed by 1,5 hr nights... i could ride my bicycle to tire myself out and no sleep. you are at the start of it, it will get better than it is now but it might take a long time b4 its normal.

actually thats what i do too, i try to be active and workout and cycle and think well if one day all this BS is over at least i can go enjoy my new toned body, hope the stress of it all wont cause to much wrinkles and grey hair, ugh.

I love this. Absolutely giving insomnia the bird. Good on ya mate!

That’s exactly what I think. Get busy living or get busy dying 👍🏼

Yeah, Shayna! You're killin' it. You too, Spitfire.

I've been doing a graduate degree through my entire taper. I started it right before I got sick. Took three months off for the acute BS,  and then have muscled through the degree this last year while tapering. I'm going to school full time.  And while working. It has been HARD. I hike a few miles every weekend. I teach two yoga classes a week. I feel like crap a LOT of the time. MOST of the time. But here we are. This is my life. That Bob Marley quote is everything for me.

Here's another one I love:

"Patience is not something you develop out of choice; it's something you develop because you see nothing else works." - Ram Dass

You just don't think you have it in you until you realize you better have it in you ... no one else is going to hold up your life for you. It has to be you.

And with that, I hope you get some sleep SOON.

xx openroad

Woah! You are a badass! That’s amazing! I bet u have moments where u stop and think I can’t believe I did all that today? Once u let go and just carry on regardless it really makes u understand the mind body connection. Your body is capable of pretty miraculous things when ur mind isn’t behind the wheel. Our bodies are amazing.

I’m applying for the police this year so I’m training for the physical. I’m getting very muscly but I still have a long way to go fitness wise. The excercise has even helped my heart rhythm issues to about 80 percent so it’s good for the mind and body.

Thanks for posting this it’s important for people to know that even when ur struggling u can still participate in life ❤️

sadly all normal... my first 3,5 months i had many 0 nights sometimes followed by 1,5 hr nights... i could ride my bicycle to tire myself out and no sleep. you are at the start of it, it will get better than it is now but it might take a long time b4 its normal.

actually thats what i do too, i try to be active and workout and cycle and think well if one day all this BS is over at least i can go enjoy my new toned body, hope the stress of it all wont cause to much wrinkles and grey hair, ugh.

Oh u are so right. I find even now if I over do it I will have a bad night. Like, if I walk for 2 hrs instead of 1 and do weights, I usually have a bad night. I can walk or run an hour and do weights for an hour with an hour of laps and sleep ok. So I don’t do more than that. I find that’s the magic combo for me.

But I remember those days of no sleep regardless of excercise. It’s maddening