Help with liquid titration

[fo...]

I am currently on 1 mg clonazepam and have been for 17 years. I’m interested in a slow taper at 5-10 % and holding 2 weeks per dose decrease. I have ZERO capability to use a scale and micro taper. I am dealing with multiple health issues and I’m overwhelmed. I need this to be a map I can follow without nail files etc ? I think liquid would be the way to go for me. If I’m at 1 mg and get 0.125 tabs, then 8 should equal 1 mg. I should be able to quarter one pill and take 7 3/4 daily and continue down to 0.5 mg because if I’m right, that should be a 5% decrease. Once I get to 0.5 though…..how to proceed? Try to cut into eighths? If it’s not easy, it won’t happen. Just being honest. Not the false I realize it’s a bumpy road from hell. (Hoping I can not go the hell route if slow and holding as needed). Any help on how to decrease the 0.5 in small tabs that I can do alone without micro cutting?

I had a saying when I was recovering and it was, I can only eat this elephant one bite at a time, anything else is too overwhelming which I think is what you are, overwhelmed.  I would suggest not worrying about what will happen when you get lower in dose and concentrate on the here and now.  A lot can change in the time you’re going to be tapering, and we can’t map out every minute when there are so many variables.

I like your idea to get the .125 tabs, I think that’s an excellent first step.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for replying. I truly seldom find help here and actually this side normally traumatizes me and makes me feel like I want to give up. I only hear people speaking of literal hell for a decade at times and it’s terrifying. I’m willing to go slow……I will hold as needed but I just can’t get in to the dry micro taper weight scale stuff. Yes, I’m overwhelmed. I don’t want to not know my children for the next 3 years or not partake in things I enjoy. I don’t want to lose a huge chunk of my life due to withdrawal. I’m determined to make it doable yet knowing it will be uncomfortable at times. I am a bit OCD by nature so I look forward at the entire process and know I can face it if I have a plan. Yes, I do believe  the tablets can get me to 0.5. I just wanted to wrap my head around it all knowing what the game plan could be next. If anyone knows how I could slowly back down on 0.5 mg tabs I would love to know. Maybe using 0.125 and seeing if a pharmacist can do them in eighths?

I appreciate what you are saying. Get to 0.5 and go from there. I’ts a place to start. The OCD in me wants to see the endpoint. :) thank you

I get it, we need a plan because we feel so darn powerless and it’s okay to make one but also important to understand it will need to be adjusted as you go but I still get why you need one.  :thumbsup:

I think when you get to .5 you can plop that tablet into some water and take it from there, there are some really good video’s you can watch that explain the process very well.  And of course, we can help you with fine tuning it.  Or, your doctor can write you a script for a compounding pharmacy, that would be even easier. 

Thank you. I know my physician would do it. So I would ask to make pills with an amount that is .5 and slowly decrease the pills 5% or less depending.

I know physicians state to decrease .25 because it’s easy but I also know that’s way too fast. I just wish there were more positive stories. It’s so scary il not sure I can bring myself to do it. I thank you for your help.