A positive outcome!

[be...]

I posted a few months back. I'd been taking 1.0 mg of xanax for about three months and I quit cold turkey, not knowing that it would be so awful. I'd previously taken xanax once a month or so and found it really useful for public speaking and anxiety around flying. But after my mom got sick and doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and she was bedridden, I started taking the xanax every day. And then when I ran out I quit cold turkey. Three days later I had a grand mal seizure--I convulsed, frothed at the mouth and couldn't remember my name for 15 minutes. It was terrifying. All the tests came back normal, and doctors admitted that the most likely cause was quitting xanax cold turkey. I couldn't believe this could happen from taking a drug as prescribed by my doctor, who also said nothing about the dangers of quitting cold turkey.

The next two weeks were literal hell. I twitched and tingled and felt severe depersonalization set in. I thought about restarting the xanax many times, but I decided to do everything I could to stay off of it, and I'm so glad I did. After two weeks my symptoms lessened, and by three weeks they completely abated. I know a lot of people take months or even years to recover, so I wanted to share my story and let you know that it can also happen in weeks.

Very thankful for this community. Best of luck everyone! 

I’m so happy to hear you’ve recovered, thank you for coming back to give hope to others.  It’s always good to hear from those who don’t have to suffer for months and years, you’ve provided hope for many with your story.  :smitten: