Jump

[ne...]

Pretty certain I have taken my last dose. Took K for 5/6 weeks sporadically and sometimes daily but enough to become dependent. I took half of what was prescribed, tried going off at .5mg as I was having odd symptoms and didn’t know why. Lasted 8/9 days before reinstating .5mg after hell broke loose. Started tapering after trying to stabilize briefly on May 1st. I have a lot to say and over time I will. I’m still shocked any of this happened and dominated my year; a lot of emotions are wrapped into that.

I have had symptoms the whole way down and noticed they became more intense below .1/.125mg and even more intense around .06/.04mg. This last cut to .02mg and moving lower has not felt any worse so I pray that continues.

I appreciate any prayers, well wishes, etc. Hoping for the best but I have realistic expectations as well. Thank you all and, as I wrote, to be continued as I process and have a lot to say to those in the thick of it. Onto phase 2.

Hey, you did it girl!!

Just hang in there. It can be a bit nerve wracking, but you're so going to get through this!! Congratulations, what a great start to the new year!  :smitten:

It's to be expected that there will be rough days. This phase is hard because you don't know what to expect. While you were tapering you had some type of pattern and expectation. But each day that passes is one step closer to complete healing.

Incredible job!!!!!! So so so happy for you! I’m sorry you had this journey but you made it to the end, persevered whole being there for your family. Such an inspiration and I’m wishing you complete healing. What wonderful days are ahead after this last bump in the road….. those good days are on their way! What a celebration to be off the poison and hope in the coming months you get to celebrate with a fun treat! Lots of hugs friend💜

• 2 weeks later...

How are you doing now NW and JB?! Hoping you are both recovering well. I'm 17 days off and starting to feel a lot better this week. The first week was hell. The second was not great, and now I am feeling the clouds lifting, not completely, but have some energy, can complete some thoughts, and feeling more human than I have in a few months (last few months of taper were really tough)

Thinking of you all, and hoping you are doing well and ready for a new year BENZO FREE!! WOOOT!

Glad to hear you're doing better KQ. I'm doing okay. I think I've levelled out and I'm now at my taper level intensity which is better and more predictable.

Hi guys! Glad to hear from you BOTH!

I'm at day 19. I feel some things have lessened (and I hope to God those things stay that way) but still I'm a bit more intense than my taper. I pray going into the end of the first month off eases things a tad more. I know that's not always the realistic trajectory but I'll lean on it for now.

I love hearing from both of you! I know it's not a cake walk by ANY means. I took 3 very quick rides in the last 3 days; I have to prepare for when the kids go back to school a week from tomorrow. I managed going into Home Depot today for a few quick things with my family; I wore my sunglasses the whole time, ha. I walked 7 houses down and then back to my house. I know that sounds like nothing but I still have all that off nervous system stuff so the energy and normal process is lacking making all those things tricky. All in all, I am doing so-so which I don't think is a bad thing but I look forward to doing even better for sure.

Wishing you both THE best in this new year and please keep in touch.  :smitten: :smitten:

So glad you are doing alright! So-so is not so bad, all things considered!! I hear you on sunglasses in bright places. I find sometimes I just need to sit with my eyes squeezed closed for awhile and do some breathing. Crazy how sensitive our eyes can get to light right now!

And glad to hear you have been out and about over the last week! A walk down the street is great - it’s off the bed and couch, outside in the sun, interacting with others, and getting some movement. All things that are NOT easy right now!!

I’m back at work today, luckily working from home, as I feel just awful and having a tough time focusing. I’m not sure if I’m sick (took two Covid tests and they are negative) or have the flu or if it’s benzo related, but I have felt awful since Sun and didn’t leave the couch the last two days. Hoping I can get enough energy to work this week… at least to get the baseline done. Whew. So tough some days!!

Sending big hugs to you guys!

Glad work is at home! That's a big help as you don't have to be exposed to so much then today. Remember too that you're working and that in itself is HUGE.

I can tell now that maybe the acute peak is settling, that my body has a lot of work to do which is scary to think about BUT, it is what it is. I really hope to see some improvements even over the next month/2 months. I see some talk about turning a slight corner around 3 months and even that sounds inviting!

We will all just keep marching forward and do what we can when we can. I'm outside again today (we live in Florida) working on the driveway while the neighborhood kids all play so that's good. I feel a bit more revved up today than the last few days but have to accept that.

Here for you and you're doing it which is all that matters right now! We have to trust our bodies will carry us through <3