Jumped - no more Clonazepam! 🎉

[je...]

Jelly baby,

Now with everything in the mirror.

Would you still jump at same place,

And do the last 0,25 to jump at same speed?

Or would you change anything?

When you get to small doses , the 5%/14d taper gets super slow. Was thinking of going bit faster, but jumping from less high.

I wouldn't change anything about my taper. My symptoms after my jump were pretty much the same as when I was tapering and that was what I was aiming for. I just didn't want it to be worse. I'm glad I jumped at 0.025mg. I think my symptoms would have been exactly the same whether I tapered to zero or whether I jumped at 0.025. But I do think you need to be mentally ready to jump. It can be quite stressful to make this decision and if you're going to be anxious and stressed out about whether or not 0.025mg is the right jumping point, then I don't think it's worth the mental anguish. Then you might as well just take another month and taper down all the way.

In the end it can feel like forever when you taper at 5% but I was recovering from Long Covid so I was feeling quite sick most of the time and I don't think I could've handled bigger reductions. I chose to be kind to myself while my body was already struggling. I don't live with any regrets (other than taking these stupid pills in the first place).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [mi...]

• [Ja...]

• [ne...]

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for sharing Jelly Belly.  I am following your taper history and am encouraged by how you did it.  I'm trying to keep it slow and steady and stay functional and live life well.  Glad to know you are doing well!

Hi jelly,

Hope you are doing ok! yes, you are right, this is my third taper and on the previous two done almost in 9 months average my symptoms where not different a month before or after the jump. New experiences may trigger different type of sensations but nothing major at least  in my case.

You probably didn't want to risk going faster while on Covid. That was a good decision. I had covid too at the beginning of my taper but I was on vacations I was already holding.

My third taper is getting more harder that I predicted.

It was helpful what you told us about go linear at a low dose. I'm in that situation now. I have to say that is also true the concept of reducing on higher side at the beginning of the taper.

I've been fighting this thing on and off for almost 5 years. Two reinstatements due to reactions to supplements. I thought I was already cured and hit the wall again. Most use of this poison was to get rid of it. This things are strong enough to change your life in a short time and small dose.

If there is something that I strongly recommend is to be carful with what you take. Anything out of the regular foods or drinks can alter our fragile condition. At least at the beginning. It is also a good opportunity to eat clean and take care of our body. Is the only thing good I got as a result of this nightmare!

Be safe!!

Mice

Hello micedana. I hope jelly baby will pardon a brief interruption in her thread to share a video that presents an evidence-based, neurobiological explanation for why you may be experiencing increased issues at lower doses.  To address this phenomenon, the presenter (Dr. Mark Horowitz) recommends a hyperbolic tapering regimen based on GABA-A receptor occupancy. 

In addition to keeping withdrawal symptoms tolerable, another advantage of hyperbolic tapering is that it allows an individual to determine a quit/jump dose informed by his/her unique tapering history.

Although the entire video is worth a watch, the segment on hyperbolic tapering versus linear and exponential tapering begins around the 22:15 minute mark.  Be sure to check out Dr. Horowitz’s impressive credentials and expertise in the notes section!

What We Know About Safely Stopping Benzodiazepines from Research

Mark Horowitz, MBBS, PhD

Sponsored by the Benzo Warrior Community on March 12, 2023

[3d...]
Divide the dose by 20 to get the approximate amount, although no calculators are exact as everyone’s body is different.

Thanks WinnieDog,

So 0.2 mg of diazepam is 0.01 mg of Clonazapam? Just want to confirm my calculations are correct.