flexeril withdrawal

[Mi...]

I am trying to taper off flexeril given to me in hospital for muscle spasms when I had a stroke six weeks ago. Any advice? My doc thinks its easy. No! I am five years off benzo withdrawal but still having  symptoms, and not this. This flexeril withdrawal includes ramped up muscle pain and spasms, insomnia, anxiety, shaking, cloudy mind, all kinds of pain, plus I have to do exercise for stroke recovery. I am down to 2.5 mg. flexeril nightly.

• 2 months later...

MirandaJane - How are you doing?  I tapered completely off v@alium years ago, then tapered completely off g@bapentin after that.  Now I am trying to taper oxyc0done.  I am doing it slowly but having horrendous back muscle and spine pain.  Incapacitating.  Heating pads help but Advil does almost nothing.  Tried cannabis CBD/THC and it barely helps.  My doctor prescribed Flexeril.  I've read it's easy to stop over a relatively short period of time - weeks.  I am going to try to limit it to 5 mg. doses. 

Would you know of anything else that might help my muscle spasms?

Were you able to get off the Flexeril and if so how long did it take?  Did you still the ramped up muscle pain and spasms after your last dose of Flexeril?

I just don't know how to get through this.  My oxy is prescription and I am dependent, not addicted.  It doesn't make me high and I never take more to try to get high.  I just want to be free of it without shocking my poor old body.  It's been through more than enough already.

Since I was already on v@alium and managed to taper off it would be unwise for me to take it for my spasms, correct?