Ambien/Xanax CT & Taper - Is Cannabis frowned upon?

[Br...]

As the title states, I've recently cut out a 3 year, 10mg usage of Ambien. I did this CT and did not seem to have any increased physical withdrawal effects.  I was originally put on these medications for stress related sleep issues.  I've gone back and forth testing nights without cannabis and nights with and there's an overwhelming difference on the nights with.  I am viewing this through the lens of harm reduction and the ease of stopping cannabis use vs Benzos/Z's.  With that said, is this type of strategy generally frowned upon or loaded with drawbacks from peoples experience?  I've tried solo CBD and CBN's but those just don't work as well as 2 puffs of any indica strain right before bed.

If its working for you, I'm glad, some members don't react well, others seem to benefit from it and it doesn't seem to affect GABA so I don't see it as a problem.

what percent thc are you using? I got a friend who swears by low thc high cbd indica pot, says same thing he smokes a little bit of it every night and has no need for alcohol or anything he passes right out.

I really just buy indica off of the sale racks.  So generally it is a strain that does not exceed 18% thc. Usually something between 15-18% on average. 

• 1 month later...