Round two

[Ch...]

I am writing this to give hope. Basically, I was put on 6 mg if clonazepam from my family doctor for panic attacks. I stayed on that dose for a few months. I seen a psychiatrist and he wanted me to get down to 2 mg. I came off fairly rapidly within a few months to 2 mg and it was not noticeable at all. I stayed on 2 mg for a  few years. Looking back I have been on clonazepam for 5 years in total every day use. About 2 years ago roughly I decided to come off the clonazepam. However, due to my previous withdrawal I was going to go slow like a turtle or even slower. I tapered holding doses for months and then tapering again. It took me about two years to come down to 0.25. I did it slowly with no withdrawal, maybe a few days being a little more anxious but nothing bad. I stopped the medication  completely two months ago and had no withdrawal at all. It was one

Million times easier then what I went through with Xanax for only two months.

• Like 1

Good news indeed!  It's great to hear how well you are doing after completing your taper, thanks for sharing this with our members who hold tight to Success Stories for hope.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I don’t want to recommend a taper to anyone. I should mention that I did not taper accordingly. I just cut the doses by 25 percent and held that dose got a long period. I had no withdrawal so I did not have a need to go slower and I jumped from 0.25. It did take around two years to complete. The way I looked at it is that I have been on them for a long time anyway. I was scared to jump and I’m lucky I did not have a withdrawal.

So what you are saying is you felt comfortable during your taper this time around.

I didn’t feel comfortable or stabilized when I jumped off so conceivably I am playing catch up.  Maybe it’s not the last dose we take ……it’s the last dose we felt comfortable at.

So the last dose I felt really comfortable  at was .5.  According to the Ashton manual you reduce every 10 days.  So it might take me 500 days to feel comfortable.  I’ve just finished the 4 month mark so 500-120=380.  So maybe in little over a year I will feel better.  It’s just a theory.

• 6 months later...
You were on xanax then withdraw, then later klonopin and it took you a couple years to taper, that's what you're saying? Did you water taper? Just curious cause this is kind of my story!