Varying pill weights

[...]

Sorry If this has already been answered. Using my mg scale, I find that .5 klonopin pills can vary in weight. One pill may be 163mg and another 178mg. When removing 5% of the pill, I assume it’s based on each pills unique weight. So ~8mg of the first example and ~9mg of the second example. Is this what people typically do? Thanks.

Members typically find an average.  You can weigh ten pills and then figure the average weight.  The average I use for .5 mg clonazepam is .170 mg/pill.

• 3 weeks later...

Do an average of 10 pills and use that weight for every dose you make.

I was trying to adjust for individual pills using an Excel spreadsheet I made, and then I thought about the manufacturing process, and throw the whole thing out after months of doing it that way. Imagine that the pills come from a fairly uniform sludge with an even density/distribution of active ingredient and fillers. So no matter what the final pill weighs, you can cut to the weight you need based on an average pill and expect to get somewhere close to the dose you need. You have to have a little faith, but this should be more accurate than assuming that each pill has the same amount of active ingredient in it, no matter the weight. Assume is has the same amount per weight but not the same amount total (which would require cutting/filing to different weights based on the weight of each pill).

Okay... that was confusing, but that was the process I went through. It has saved me so much time and has not made anything worse.