Severe buzzing electrical sensation all over body

[Bu...]

Does anyone have a constant severe electrical buzzing sensation throughout their entire body that gets even worse if they try to walk, eat, sit outside, move, speak?! Is this really benzo and psych med withdrawal?!

Here's what the Ashton Manual says about this:

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

"Bodily Sensations

All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal. It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them."

"There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises."

• 3 months later...
I get these waves of buzzing, sometimes it’s just in the backgroung but other times it feels like blood bubbling. Drives me crazy along with other symptoms.

Willhealsoon - These are horrible symptoms and very typical but remember, they are temporary and will fade away over time.  I hope it's soon for you.

They’re dreadful and horrific. Mine lasted about 6+ weeks but have finally subsided. My heart goes out to you!! Remember, like all the other symptoms-it WILL pass!

Oh! Propranolol-it’s a beta blocker and really helped me get through this! 🙏