Liquid Valium DMT

[co...]

I am currently tapering the manufacture made liquid Valium 5mg/5ml.  I have been tapering 5% every 2 weeks via a DMT, but find I have to hold after 2 weeks for about a week as after the 2 weeks are over, I get slammed with symptoms!  I muddle through and hold until I feel better- takes about a week. 

I know no taper is free of symptoms and the DMT is much easier then cut & hold.  However, after the 2 weeks are over, it's no fun.  Should I just accept this as tapering Valium and keep on keeping on after I hold for 1 week?  OR should I go about my taper a different way? 

Perhaps tapering 5% a month instead of every 2 weeks then holding?  Any suggestions or advise are gladly welcomed!

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers me!  I would be so lost without this group and appreciate every single individual on here!

I never even thought I would make it this far!  I started on 2mg of Xanax XR and am now down to 12.39mg Valium.  If it wasn't for this group, I would not be where I am today.  You all are doing Gods Work!

It's very good you're picking up on this and holding. Lots of people just continue tapering, so you're doing a lot of things right.

There are many different options in micro tapering and it all depends on what works best for you. I personally don't like to cut until symptoms hit. For me that's a sign my taper isn't working. In your case you can either slow your taper down to 5% every month or you can keep your rate but build holds in. Earlier this year I wanted to slow my taper of 7.5% every two weeks down but what I did was kept the rate and instead I was tapering for 7 days and holding for 3 days. Effectively it reduced my taper rate to 5%  but I liked to have the breaks in between.

It's really just trying out different options to see what works best for you. Or maybe you come up with an idea not mentioned and it works.

jelly, thank you for your post.  I like that suggestion and am going to try that.  I am just going to keep trying new things until I get it right or get of these benzos, whichever comes first! 

Thank you again for taking the time to write back to me! 

That's pretty much all we can do - just experiment until we find something that works. I've done so much experimenting I feel like a lab rat!  :laugh: