So close to writing a success story....

[tr...]

Hey  everyone,

Haven't been on here in awhile - I apologize. I've been spending time regaining my life. Still working at the hospital as a counselor, cherishing my time with family, attending to aging parents needs, etc.

33 months post jump ( or 2 years and 7 months). I sleep quite good. I can watch tv again. I can handle a significant amount of stress again.

I laugh - a lot. I can nap! I'm working out again but not insanely.  I can plan for the future without fear. The muscle/ligament pain and tightness I had for 2 years is completely gone. So if they tell you that you may have fibromyalgia - just wait it out.:)

I mean, life is about 85% back to normal. If I had to live like this forever I can do this. Especially after what we survive from these damn benzos.

Whats left you're probably wondering.... for 2 days during pms i get a mild cortisol morning surge. If my nervous system gets major stressed out my latest symptom is vertigo (hate it soooo much!). But it goes. 4 sips of wine is my max right now, and I only do that once a month just to test the waters. I remember back when if I had anything with vanilla extract in it I would be in a living hell.

I still have sensitivity to magnesium foods or products with it in it. But it goes within 12 hrs to a day, and its much milder.

I still avoid meds and most supplements right now bc i know I'm still sensitive. But in time I know this will continue to improve.

So Parkers writings are dead on. I'm in the sensitivity phase. And her whole analogy on how we heal is pretty accurate too.

I was polydrugged on 14 different meds over 6 months and benzos for over a year. I had 12 rounds of ECT. I thought I'd lost my mind for good and didn't know if I would actually make it. some days were horribly dark and I'm grateful for the ppl on here who kept me alive so I can now write this post.

If you're in a dark place - your job is to stay alive. the rest will follow. Do not believe the benzo lies - your future is bright. this is a marathon not a sprint, but you will get there.

Hugs to you all

Trina75

Hi trina75!  Good to see you again  :)

Your post is really powerful.  You've made it through the terrible darkness and into the light again.So glad for you!

Trina75, it is so good to hear from you.  Getting back to doing (and enjoying!) the things we love is the surest sign of benzo recovery and it sounds like you are there!  Remember that writing a success story requires only that we be *mostly* recovered. 

Kate08    :smitten:

Trina,

Sounds like you have your life back. So wonderful! This has been very encouraging, thank you so much. I'm looking forward to better days. Hugs!

LiveLife

Your post is so needed right now Trina75, thank you for popping in and offering hope.  I'm thrilled you're doing so well, you've come so far, your can do attitude is your strength, I've seen it shine during the worst of your torment and its even brighter now.

I'm so happy you're doing well, hugs for you and your sweet family.  :smitten:

Trina,

I'm so happy for you.  You've been through so many ups and downs, seeing the light at the end of the very long tunnel is amazing and well deserved.  Thanks for always stopping by, even though you have a busy life, to offer hope to other still in the process.  I'm so glad you are spending time with your wonderful family.

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Congratulations Trina!

So glad you are doing so well!

You have great courage and strength.

Thank you for the times you’ve encouraged me as well.

I pray the burning i have been enduring for 11 months finds healing like you’ve overcome.

You are an incredible warrior!

Bless you in the days ahead.

🙏💕

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...