COVID Omicron Booster

[op...]

Hey all -

I'm wondering if folks have gotten this, and if so, if you've felt any kind of increased w/d effects from it? I'm doing fairly well on my taper at this point, and not wanting to rock the boat ... but also not wanting to get COVID. (I got the first shots before I started the taper, and that's been a while ago now ... and I haven't had COVID yet, so don't have any immunity from that.)

Thoughts?

Thanks and sending healing wishes to you all today.

Openroad

Just my 2 cents worth, but the vaccine won't actually stop you getting Covid. I personally wouldn't take the risk. Countries are stopping vaccinating people now under 50, or even 60 that aren't venerable. Due to the risk of adverse reaction vs benefit.

Of course, I don't know your situation. But I would recommend looking at the latest data, before making a decision

Just my 2 cents worth, but the vaccine won't actually stop you getting Covid. I personally wouldn't take the risk. Countries are stopping vaccinating people now under 50, or even 60 that aren't venerable. Due to the risk of adverse reaction vs benefit.

Of course, I don't know your situation. But I would recommend looking at the latest data, before making a decision

Dabgerous advice.

Because I think it's rubbish. You can still get Corona but you won't get as ill as you would without getting vaccinated. It could mean the difference between life or death for some people.

Personally I never notice anything from the Corona shots. No difference in symptoms. I still got Corona, but thanks to the vaccine I didn't notice much, and I even kept. On running 10k every day.

Don't worry so much.

Dabgerous advice.

Because I think it's rubbish. You can still get Corona but you won't get as ill as you would without getting vaccinated. It could mean the difference between life or death for some people.

Personally I never notice anything from the Corona shots. No difference in symptoms. I still got Corona, but thanks to the vaccine I didn't notice much, and I even kept. On running 10k every day.

Don't worry so much.

It's not rubbish at all if you bothered to read. However I'm not here to argue. Also the fact that you're doing a slow taper and running 10k a day clearly shows you're are not particularly damaged. If you were, you may have a different opinion

Dabgerous advice.

Don't worry so much.

It's not rubbish at all if you bothered to read. However I'm not here to argue. Also the fact that you're doing a slow taper and running 10k a day clearly shows you're are not particularly damaged. If you were, you may have a different opinion

I'm not personally attacking you, but it is rubbish and dangerous what you are saying, without any proof whatsoever.

Dabgerous advice.

Don't worry so much.

I'm not personally attacking you, but it is rubbish and dangerous what you are saying, without any proof whatsoever.

there are several people on here that have had setbacks from vaccine itself or the booster, veggiebuddy one of them, you can also check medication setback group for more examples. Sorry to say..

Dabgerous advice.

Don't worry so much.

there are several people on here that have had setbacks from vaccine itself or the booster, veggiebuddy one of them, you can also check medication setback group for more examples. Sorry to say..

I never said that you can't have setbacks from them  :)

I was saying that people need their vaccines, especially older/weaker people and that was all. You can still get Corona with a vaccination, but you won't get as ill.

Also, about the reported side effects of the vaccine in the news, those are very very very rare. The risks do no not outweigh the benefits.

Ofcourse, people on benzo's are very sensitive to everything, so I do understand worries. But you also don't want to die from Covid. I was afraid too that I would get a severe mental reaction or something. But I think if you're already weak from the benzo's, Corona without vaccination will strike so much harder than Corona with a vaccination. And you can get Corona very easy too, I was inside for months, and I still got it.

I do went a bit too hard in this discussion  :laugh: In Holland we have a lot of 'Wappies'. Conspiracy theorists who advice against vaccines without any proof. I thought 'oh no, not again.'

But just like Having A Mare, I really don't want to argue, I just don't want my words twisted, so hopefully it's clear now  :)

No it's not about conspiracy theories at all, it's about danger of a setback, but you talk about it as if a setback is nothing, setbacks can be much worse than covid to be honest with you. I'm in a setback from antibiotics not a vaccine but it's been going on for 2.5 years and I'm still only about 40% recovered from it. It's been much more scary than the previous withdrawals, so yeah setbacks are a little bit of a concern but you're right of course covid is definitely nothing to play with, so not medical advice, I'm not a doctor ( waiver )but I've had covid twice already in this setback and each time treated it with ozone therapy with Ubvi and high-dose vitamin IV infusions along with nebulizing colloidal silver with lugols iodine. My dad who's 80 y.o. also recently recovered within just a week, he used hydroxychloroquine and it turned his covid around very quickly. I couldnt do hcql, cause I just don't do any medications at all so can't speak to that but I had no setbacks from any of the other treatments I've had. Maybe I was just lucky but the abx sure almost killed me)

No it's not about conspiracy theories at all, it's about danger of a setback, but you talk about it as if a setback is nothing, setbacks can be much worse than covid to be honest with you. I'm in a setback from antibiotics not a vaccine but it's been going on for 2.5 years and I'm still only about 40% recovered from it. It's been much more scary than the previous withdrawals, so yeah setbacks are a little bit of a concern but you're right of course covid is definitely nothing to play with, so not medical advice, I'm not a doctor ( waiver )but I've had covid twice already in this setback and each time treated it with ozone therapy with Ubvi and high-dose vitamin IV infusions along with nebulizing colloidal silver with lugols iodine. My dad who's 80 y.o. also recently recovered within just a week, he used hydroxychloroquine and it turned his covid around very quickly. I couldnt do hcql, cause I just don't do any medications at all so can't speak to that but I had no setbacks from any of the other treatments I've had. Maybe I was just lucky but the abx sure almost killed me)

I didn't see it that way.

Maybe I went too hard in this, I didn't know it could be this bad. My apologies to you and Having A Mare.

I might have judged too soon.

Oh that's sweet and you don't need to apologize, I'm glad you can tolerate the vaccine, I'm sure it helps some of us, these times are just crazy, wishing you good health :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to circle back here, and say that I did get the Omicron Bivalent Booster (Pfizer) two weeks ago. I had an uptick in sxs for two days and then went back to baseline. Now, I seem to be fine and just dealing with my regular taper sxs. Just leaving this here in case this question has come up for others and they want to hear various experiences from folks.

I'm glad I got it, but I agree that everyone has to make their own decision around this b/c no two reactions will be the same. Thanks again, everyone, for weighing in. It helped jog me out of decision paralysis.

Sending you all good healing thoughts.

Openroad