Dry Tapering Valium with scales

[Mi...]

Bob

I would be interested in hearing about the other way.

I am on 15.75mg and struggling to come down even in 0.25mg. It is taking over 5 weeks to come back up from the drop. I am starting to get concerned I am now in relative withdrawal - how would you know this?

Thank you MP

If you want to use a scale, then tell me:

-The dose of one of your pills in mg (read from bottle)

-The weight of that pill in grams

-How fast you want to reduce (i.e. 5% every two weeks)

As another option, if you want to try what I like best (a daily tiny reduction) using only water or water with a few drops of vodka, let me know.  There is an excellent video on it.

Bob

I still am not sure. They will not approve of micro tapering here so I will have to do it on my own!

Here are some thoughts....

For dry micro tapering

2mg

0.176g

2.5% every 20 days roughly

I am a bit nervous about the liquid taper. I dont drink so not sure but would that work for valium.

Have you seen people get stuck here before?

I dont know how long to hold after a stressor to see if it is relative withdrawal. I have had 4 big 5 week dips this year so far which makes me feel like it could be.

I think the previous lorazapam situation and errors by the GP could be impacting on the difficulty to come off. I also ct xoplicone when given temezepam a few years ago.

Thank you Bob

If you want to use a scale, then tell me:

-The dose of one of your pills in mg (read from bottle)

-The weight of that pill in grams

-How fast you want to reduce (i.e. 5% every two weeks)

As another option, if you want to try what I like best (a daily tiny reduction) using only water or water with a few drops of vodka, let me know.  There is an excellent video on it.

Bob

Here is how to reduce 2.5% starting at your current dose of 15.75mg

The current weight on your scale when you place 15.75mg on the scale will be about 1.386 grams.

To reduce 2.5% of that number, shave off the pill so the scale reads 0.034 grams less.

You can do this each time you want to reduce (like every 20 days).  The initial reduction is 2.5%.

Please note, the scales are not perfect and the pills vary too so you must relax and not worry about being exact.  Over time it all averages out.

If you still want to look at the other method, here is a link.

Thank you.

Do you think a DMT is better than a cut and hold?

That is my concern. Each 0.25mg cut and hold this year has taken me 5 weeks to get back up ready to taper!

I know it's so small....

Here is how to reduce 2.5% starting at your current dose of 15.75mg

The current weight on your scale when you place 15.75mg on the scale will be about 1.386 grams.

To reduce 2.5% of that number, shave off the pill so the scale reads 0.034 grams less.

You can do this each time you want to reduce (like every 20 days).  The initial reduction is 2.5%.

Please note, the scales are not perfect and the pills vary too so you must relax and not worry about being exact.  Over time it all averages out.

If you still want to look at the other method, here is a link.

Yes I do, at least when things get hard.

I reduced quickly at first with cut and hold and I am glad I did because it got me lower in total dose.

But when I got real low, I needed to switch to daily micro reductions to finish off my taper.

It was still hard (all methods are hard) but not as hard.

I made a web site for how I did my daily taper.

https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Thank you Bob

Yes I do, at least when things get hard.

I reduced quickly at first with cut and hold and I am glad I did because it got me lower in total dose.

But when I got real low, I needed to switch to daily micro reductions to finish off my taper.

It was still hard (all methods are hard) but not as hard.

I made a web site for how I did my daily taper.

https://benzodrytapermath.com/