Re: Dry Taper Using Bob7's Method - A Few Questions to Those That May Be Trying It

[Ja...]

Hello buddies,

looking for someone who knows math well.  I’m trying to do a liquid titration taper with my Klonopin and I know how to do it but I’m stuck at

the math part.  how to write down the deductions from 2.5 mg  klonopin from daily liquid taper?  Can someone who is good at explaining this

Math part,  explain it like I’m a 10 year old?  how can I do it and keep a log book so I know how many milligrams I have left after each deduction?

Please help 🤯

Here is a math example.

Assume you wanted to be done with your taper in a year (365 days).

Each day, you would put your 2.5 mg into 365 ml of water and remove 1 m and drink the rest.

Day 1, drink 364 ml and that equals 2.5*364/365 of your drug in mg.

Day 2, drink 363 ml and that equals 2.5*363/365 of your drug in mg.

Day 3, drink 363 ml and that equals 2.5*362/365 of you drug in mg.

and so on until day 365.

Does that help?

Here is a math example.

Assume you wanted to be done with your taper in a year (365 days).

Each day, you would put your 2.5 mg into 365 ml of water and remove 1 m and drink the rest.

Day 1, drink 364 ml and that equals 2.5*364/365 of your drug in mg.

Day 2, drink 363 ml and that equals 2.5*363/365 of your drug in mg.

Day 3, drink 363 ml and that equals 2.5*362/365 of you drug in mg.

and so on until day 365.

Does that help?

Yes that helps tremendousl. Thank you

Here are some observations I have made over the years in reading posts.

Reductions can add up and hit you all at once.  Then people are tempted to updose to get stable.  This brings in other problems.  I have noticed, people when they first start a taper, they do not have much symptoms.  But if you ever go back on, it seems harder to taper the second time.

Here are some observations I have made over the years in reading posts.

Reductions can add up and hit you all at once.  Then people are tempted to updose to get stable.  This brings in other problems.  I have noticed, people when they first start a taper, they do not have much symptoms.  But if you ever go back on, it seems harder to taper the second time.

Bob7

I watched and saved your YouTube videos. They were perfect and you can’t make it any clearer Than that. Thank you for all that info

Thank you for the kind words.

One more thing when you're dissolving your benzo in liquid you might want to add a few drops of alcohol 1st to break it down and then the rest is water. This is the subject of much debate so I leave it to you.

Thank you for the kind words.

One more thing when you're dissolving your benzo in liquid you might want to add a few drops of alcohol 1st to break it down and then the rest is water. This is the subject of much debate so I leave it to you.

Thank you Bob, love this website.

I decided yesterday September 9th to taper my dose of 2.5 mg klonopin down to 2.25mg klonopin.  I’m a little scared again that I might go through withdrawals.  I know how busy the administrators are, but do you actually have to read the whole thread in order to get back to me?  I could answer everything and anything for you.  I have my log book.  Today would be day 2 of a new taper but I’m still debating if I should wait longer on 2.5 mg  or just continue on new tapered dose of 2.25mg klonopin.  Any administrator is fine with me they all amazing.  I just need help in what direction to take. Please help

Bob7, I was told to transfer this  post to you, I hope I transferred it correctly.

Please help me.

Bob7,

I don’t think I could be on klonopin for a year.  My cognitive functions and especially memory function is so bad that if it gets any worse I’m sure it

will be full blown dementia.  I decided also to do my medication in compound form when I get to 1.5 mg of klonopin.  My doctor and I spoke with

a compounding pharmacist and they said that 2.5 mg would be too high a dose, so to call back when I’m on 1.5 mg klonopin.

You were on .5 mg and that’s considered a high dosage, can you imagine being on 3 mg for 16 years?  The damage I’m hoping is reversible.  When

people speak to me and I don’t understand what they are saying, that’s how bad and fast I’m deteriorating.

Bob Please help with any suggestions

Did you ask your doctor about the possibility of using a combination of regular tablets and the compounded suspension as I suggested on your other thread at:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=271058.msg3402502#msg340250

Generally speaking, it’s preferable to use a combination of regular tablets and liquid as long as possible.  There are multiple reasons for this including (1) your body is already accustomed to the solid dosage form, (2) generic tablets are inexpensive, (3) solid dosage forms are typically more stable than liquid dosage forms, (4) the therapeutic effectiveness, accuracy, and safety of do-it-yourself liquids made with regular tablets as the source of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) are unknown at this time.  For example, we do not know that adding a tiny amount of vodka to a clonazepam tablet dissolves all of the API in the tablet; even if some/most/all of the API does indeed dissolve, we do not know if the API remains in solution when more water is added.

Libertas,

I’m sure my doctor and compounding pharmacist can do this but my doctor makes it seem complicated and then I also start thinking it’s too

complicated.  She gets frustrated and it also seems she’s not great with math either.  It leaves me feeling like I have no choice but to do it

Her way, which is cutting pills until I get to 1.5 mg klonopin.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that my cognitive functions are deteriorating at a very fast pace.  I read you message 3 times. Im still foggy in

the Head.  I don’t want to lose hope bc I’m so hard on myself for not getting what a 10 year old would understand. 

Here are my thoughts.

This is totally up to you - I am not giving directions or advice to you - I am just saying if it was me - I was successful with these ideas in my head.

First - when you are on high dose - (anything more then 0.5 mg of Klonopin) - there is good reason to just use a pill splitter.  The reasoning is, even if the pill splitter is not perfect, you dose is so high the accuracy of a few crumbs in splitting a pills is not important.  A little error in a large dose is insignificant.

Here is what I did while my dose was large.  I used a pill splitter and did the best I could to cut the pill into 1/8 sizes.

Then, I reduced 1/8 of a pill and held that dose for at least 2 weeks or until my symptoms were tolerable - whichever is longer.  Do this until you get down to about 0.5 mg total dose and then look at liquid or other taper methods.

Note - keep a daily journal of your dose and your symptoms and anything stressful in your life for that day.  It will be very valuable to read this journal to learn how to adjust your taper.

Bob7,

I can definitely do cutting of 1/8 of a pill until I get to .5 mg, I have a pill cutter too.  When I’m at .5 mg of klonopin I will do the liquid form from there.

I will write down stressors in my log book bc I wasn’t documenting that part down but I will do it starting now. 

Thank you Bob

Hello Libertas,

I just asked this question to pamster, but maybe you know more about this.  Can I have 2 beers ?  I never was a drinker of any kind but every 2

to 3 months I would enjoy a beer or two because I love the taste and 2 beers would get me tipsy.  Do you think it will hinder my benzo taper

withdrawals?

Bob7,

Thank you for those threads.  I won’t touch alcohol, not during taper or post  taper.  Maybe a year out when I jump? Or not at all.

That’s just shocking but very important information to know so thank you soooo much.