I need some reassurance with some symptoms that keep getting more intense

[Gr...]

I cycle daily between sets of symptoms... Some days are much worse then others but the intensity is getting worse.

Right now its 7:14,and after writing this I'm. going to bed. This has become a staple of my day... If symptoms are really bad I have no choice but to go to sleep and hope it's better when I wake.

I don't know if I'm having muscle or neurological symptoms, head pressure as usual, had some visual issues and my whole body feels very weak. My best worry is waking up unable to move, my limbs feel so weak and heavy... Opening my hands feels like there's resistance enough to be worried.

I also have this weird, I wanna say vibrational sensation in my neck but that's not the proper word... It's like a disturbing mild vibration with a mild shaking sensation inside my neck mainly the back of neck but no visual shaking Due to these symptoms I'm thinking MS which I've had the thought prior, in fact it was over the neck symptoms that made me think it was MS. The strange this is the arm, full body weakness and neck sensations went away maybe 13 months ago, they came back 6  months ago, now they've come back with a vengeance. I guess this is a set back.

Symptoms get so much more worse after eating and drinking what seems like anything even water. Just laying in bed makes my body feel like it's sinking in the mattress or like my body is getting tighter and tighter, harder to move my limbs the more I lay

My goodness you sound so miserable, I wish I could offer you more than platitudes.  Have you spoken to a doctor about your concerns, I hate that you're living in fear. 

Your symptoms sound fairly common so I'm not thinking major illness but what do I know?  I'm glad you can sleep, what are your mornings like, are they worse than the evenings?

Yeah things are pretty bad, anything I eat or drink now sends me over the edge. My mornings aren't bad... I either wake up with symptoms or they start about a hour after waking up. Every single day is another cycle.either I'll deal with visual disturbances throughout the day like today was a visual day, or weakness/numbness and heaviness in my body and limbs with some head pressure like I did yesterday.

My nights are pretty good, I can actually tolerate things. I can't go crazy and over do it with food and drink (water) but my systems are either gone or barely noticeable lately which is a blessing. I really look forward to nights.

Mornings are challenging for most members so I'm glad you can get a bit of food and water in you in the evenings, please keep doing your best to get food and water, your body needs nutrients to complete the repair.

Do you know what caused your setback?  Are you dealing with a lot of stress, other than your horrible symptoms?

• 3 weeks later...

I cycle daily between sets of symptoms... Some days are much worse then others but the intensity is getting worse.

Right now its 7:14,and after writing this I'm. going to bed. This has become a staple of my day... If symptoms are really bad I have no choice but to go to sleep and hope it's better when I wake.

I don't know if I'm having muscle or neurological symptoms, head pressure as usual, had some visual issues and my whole body feels very weak. My best worry is waking up unable to move, my limbs feel so weak and heavy... Opening my hands feels like there's resistance enough to be worried.

I also have this weird, I wanna say vibrational sensation in my neck but that's not the proper word... It's like a disturbing mild vibration with a mild shaking sensation inside my neck mainly the back of neck but no visual shaking Due to these symptoms I'm thinking MS which I've had the thought prior, in fact it was over the neck symptoms that made me think it was MS. The strange this is the arm, full body weakness and neck sensations went away maybe 13 months ago, they came back 6  months ago, now they've come back with a vengeance. I guess this is a set back.

Symptoms get so much more worse after eating and drinking what seems like anything even water. Just laying in bed makes my body feel like it's sinking in the mattress or like my body is getting tighter and tighter, harder to move my limbs the more I lay

Hey greyzone are you still having some of these symptoms? I recognize the shaking/vibrational feeling, like tremors no one else can see them but i feel them heavily, from my neck all the way to my lower back. That symptom came in my third week left after a few days and came back again in my fifth week(i am five weeks off of xanax)

I also randomly got massive pain in my forearms and i couldnt even open a bottle of water because it would hurt too much and i had no strength. That improved now but i have sensarions of tiny electrical shocks in my hands now. I also had the feeling i had MS before withdrawal but now that im in withdrawal the thought just doesnt leave my mind. Other people i have spoken to told me its normal and that they had it too. I hope you’re feeling better than your last post

• 1 month later...

Man you got it rough! I'm off .50mg Xanax cold turkey after just under 4 months usage almost daily. Your sig says left foot and arm probelms. I basically have the EXACT same thing except in my right hand and sometimes my right foot too! Feels like it weighs 100lbs and heavy. Hand feels like it's fatigued from a hard workout. Thing is I can use it and grab stuff but feels tired. Foot same way, feels kinda warm and numb though.

My internal tremors are all over though, especially waist on down now. I too worry I got MS or some kinda of BS. Going to the neurologist next week and will tell him about the Xanax and how this started a couple days after I quit. I wonder if he will have be resume it and taper me down.

When I read about everyone's problems with Benzos and the bad cases it basically is like a manufactured version of MS. Gives out similar symptoms, can't function, super weak at times, in bed all day. Except it's the pill that caused it.

These meds need to be more heavily regulated.

You're not alone. I had left foot drop/drag-type sensation. I'm 10 months off now and that sensation left maybe six months ago. Now I have sciatica type pain. Never before had pain and now this med has affected nerves and muscles. Just like one of you said its like a manufactured form of MS symptoms.

You're not alone. I had left foot drop/drag-type sensation. I'm 10 months off now and that sensation left maybe six months ago. Now I have sciatica type pain. Never before had pain and now this med has affected nerves and muscles. Just like one of you said its like a manufactured form of MS symptoms.

Yep! Except it's not there every single day or all day long. Im still twinges away as i write this. Day 22 for me and still getting that under the skin as well as the bs in the foot and hand. I was only on .50mg xanax for 3.5 months daily!

Mornings used to be the worst for me. I dreaded going to sleep because I knew I would be jolted awake around 6am, over heated, rapid heart rate, sick, and completely exhausted. Eating or drinking would cause my body to amp up as well. Sometimes it would cause me to tremble uncontrollably for an hour or so. My psychiatrist told me it was the nervous system not knowing how to handle the situation. Normally, food brings nourishment, happiness, energy, positive feelings and emotions. But when the brain becomes lazy due to the benzo, when it doesn’t have the benzo to help it anymore, it goes unchecked and just fires off in any and all directions, causing our shitty reactions.

It blows, but your brain will eventually remember how to do it’s job.

• 3 months later...

Head pressure ( on.my temples) and a vague headache is permanent right now, Gets worse if I cough or bend over. Had it for weeks but the other symptoms come and go, including weakness, mainly in my legs( like a jelly sensation. I'm getting slight chest pain occasionally too.

I'm worried about my headache more than anything. Although it's not severe, it doesn't  really go away. I'm hoping it's normal for benzo withdrawal.

So glad to find this forum and people I can relate to .