Adderall is it the cure?

[Be...]

I've been benzo free for years but still have anxiety and cannot focus for anything. Work is tough since my brain bounces around from thing to thing and I have trouble focusing and completing tasks. Also if I could I would just lay in bed all day. Also I don't get that feeling of happiness when I do something fun anymore. Since I was a prior benzo user years ago will Adderall or other medicines for ADD bring back withdrawals? My first psych appts is next week.

I took adderall for adhd (not while in withdrawal.) and it didn't help me that much and gave me some pretty bad side effects, the worst one being the really hard crashes you get and my adhd would get worse between the doses.

adderall is not going to help your anxiety at all, it's going to make it far worse. adderall is going to crank your CNS to 11 especially on your first few doses..

if your prone to panic attacks and anxiety I would not risk it.. How does drinking a cup of coffee make you feel? Coffee is how I dealt with my adhd, but I bring it up because if that makes you feel worse then you sure don't want adderall..

I think you're way better off not taking it..maybe look into modafinil, or hell caffeine tablets. About any stimulant will help with adhd in my experience.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Adderall is a mixture of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine - two drugs most definitely not noted for reducing anxiety.

These are strong CNS stimulants.

• 2 months later...

Adderall is an "upper" much like

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) Sched II drug.

All that said, you may want to be cautious because it can stimulate your CNS, causing anxiety to fume.

If it helps your anxiety, go for it! But it would be the last thing I would desire to pop for anxiety.

It would definitely fan my flames. I've never even heard of it prescribed for anxiety, lest it's ADHD related. Could be....