2 months + no benzos anymore

[Tr...]

If you would have told me when I used to crush up xanax or Klonopin and throw them in my mixed drinks that I would one day never use them again I totally would never believe it. It seems like a fake life I didn’t personally live. I’m cruising by 60 days no benzos (67 days now) with no medication. 6 LONG years on. How is that possible? I probably could have and should have died with how much I would mix my medication with alcohol. I’m beyond thankful to be here.

If you read this from the depths of a Benzo hell I am the absolute example of the person that should have never been able to do it. I would always read these posts and say “maybe I’ll get down to .5mg one day but I can’t ever get off.” I watched my entire life dissolve in front of my eyes. I lost jobs, money, friends, family, health, myself, everything. During tapering at the end when I felt comfortable I reached out to people I lost touch with and made it right. I also would explain to them if they cared to know why things got the way they got. Some couldn’t believe what I was doing and then going through with these prescriptions.

If you’ve read this far stay positive even when all hope is lost. You deserve to be your best you and it IS possible!!

Thanks for sharing this! Great job and how nice to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel! And thanks for educating your friends. I look forward to a future where our plight is better known and understood, and we don't have to try so hard to explain the inexplicable. Enjoy life!

Huge congratulations to you!! What a wonderful success story.  You had a long way to come (and I can relate to heavy usage for a long period of time).  This is a huge accomplishment. Thank you for coming on the board to share your story.  :thumbsup:

Congratulations, Trtguy23! Wonderful that you're off.

If you don't mind my asking, how quickly did you taper off, and what was your starting dose? How are you doing these days only two months out?

Trtguy23,

Congratulation for your accomplishment!

Just curious, did you actually jump from 0.230 mg? or you meant 0.023 mg?

Thanks,

Mice

Cogratulations, Im sure youll live an amazing life  benzo free….

This klonopin thing has robbed us many “normal” life things…

You know this feeling like when you were little and was invited to a friends pool and you felt it was the most fun and cool activity? But then you look at the kid who had the pool at his house and doesn't seem very excited! You take it for granted!!!!

Thats the feeling I crave and imagine about just laying down in the sofa and watching a movie… OMG I imagine myself being in peace just laying down and enjoying the tv!!!!! I promess you I will be the kid in a pool for the first time… I will rub my feet in the soft texture, it will be cold and Ill have a blanket on top, I will be snacking on something delicious and I will be in PEACE just watching tv…

I hope you discover many many of things we all took for granted before! Im sure you will be the kid in the pool many times! And youll enyoy things like never before!

En horabuena!

Ale

Congratulations, Trtguy23! Wonderful that you're off.

If you don't mind my asking, how quickly did you taper off, and what was your starting dose? How are you doing these days only two months out?

So I definitely took A long road with tapering. I stabilized myself somewhat at 1mg, and then would do .5 cuts every 2 weeks. Once I got low enough to where it got unbearable I would just do .01 cuts when I deemed ok. Then I got to .23mg and just stopped out of frustration which maybe wasn’t the right thing but it worked out.

Cogratulations, Im sure youll live an amazing life  benzo free….

This klonopin thing has robbed us many “normal” life things…

You know this feeling like when you were little and was invited to a friends pool and you felt it was the most fun and cool activity? But then you look at the kid who had the pool at his house and doesn't seem very excited! You take it for granted!!!!

Thats the feeling I crave and imagine about just laying down in the sofa and watching a movie… OMG I imagine myself being in peace just laying down and enjoying the tv!!!!! I promess you I will be the kid in a pool for the first time… I will rub my feet in the soft texture, it will be cold and Ill have a blanket on top, I will be snacking on something delicious and I will be in PEACE just watching tv…

I hope you discover many many of things we all took for granted before! Im sure you will be the kid in the pool many times! And youll enyoy things like never before!

En horabuena!

Ale

That is a great analogy! Yes there have been tremendous moments of success! Just being able to take my friends daughter for walks and just feel normal is enough to make me feel awesome. Thank you for all your remarks!

Trtguy23,

Congratulation for your accomplishment!

Just curious, did you actually jump from 0.230 mg? or you meant 0.023 mg?

Thanks,

Mice

Thank you! And yes I jumped from .23, it was the point where I was sick of measuring out medication and getting the dose perfect so I just decided to give it a shot. It was roughly 3 weeks of symptoms but they did get better.

That's great that you're feeling better so quickly. It makes me wonder how I would do instead of prolonging the suffering. I've been suffering the whole way down, and it's just gotten harder as I've gotten lower. I'm at .265 mg K today. Did you have pretty bad symptoms as you tapered? I'm just barely functional sometimes with a lot of anxiety, fog/float/DR, head pressure, and occasional stomach upset. I get some windows in the mornings before my dose and late at night (after 9pm). I was doing much better months ago.

That's great that you're feeling better so quickly. It makes me wonder how I would do instead of prolonging the suffering. I've been suffering the whole way down, and it's just gotten harder as I've gotten lower. I'm at .265 mg K today. Did you have pretty bad symptoms as you tapered? I'm just barely functional sometimes with a lot of anxiety, fog/float/DR, head pressure, and occasional stomach upset. I get some windows in the mornings before my dose and late at night (after 9pm). I was doing much better months ago.

My symptoms were getting worse as the taper went on, incredibly bad brain fog and mood issues. That’s why I just threw in the towel and wanted to see what would happen if I came off. I still have days where I’m in a funk but I don’t believe it’s Benzo related. I don’t suggest jumping because lord knows these medications can be highly unpredictable but I always figured I can go back on if I needed to. I really hope you stay strong and keep up the battle, it is not easy but you can win it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My congratulations! Honestly, you are a real hero for me. Continue in the same spirit.

Thank you so much, continue your journey and never give up!