Made it to 1.0mg...what to do next, considering microtaper

[3f...]

[3f...]

Hello. I took 0.5mg ativan on and off for 18 months for anxiety, and then went up to 1.0mg ativan for insomnia for about 10 weeks. Since deciding to get off this awful stuff I've been tapering for 6+months diazepam 10mg, and now at 1.0mg of diazepam where I have been for 3 weeks.

It hasn't been easy. Especially 2.0mg to 1.0mg. I feel stuck now, and really sad and overwhelmed. The last cut really floored me and I have struggled to stablise, and my sleep has started to get less and less. New symptoms I haven't had before have now popped up and I can't stop worrying about what's in store for me. Im a bit better and want to keep going but don't know how to proceed yet. My last cut was 1.10>1.0mg - and I am thinking about moving to a microtaper but not sure of what rate. Was thinking .01 per day and seeing what happens? Or could I go faster to start off and then slow down? Really want to get off this - also some people jump at certain points... Ashton says 0.5mg?

Thankyou in advance for any experience you can share. I hope you are having a good day today, and if not, hang in there - the only certain thing is that things change.

If you are having uncertainty about whether or not you have tapered far enough, than maybe tapering further is what you need to do.  Here is a post I made yesterday about my experience with jumping too soon:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=270235.msg3393852#msg3393852

I did a microtaper of 0.01mg/day when I reinstated.  I understand you desire to want off the benzos and I did as well but it turned out that I needed to go further before jumping.

I'm not too familiar with tapering Ativan and I forgot to mention in your introductory thread we have a group dedicated to Ativan tapering. You could check it out and maybe they could be of help as well Ativan Tapering Thread

little, at the end of my taper, I tapered from 1 mg of valium to zero, reducing .01mg at a time doing a DLMT. Yes it took a bit of time, but it was pretty uneventful. I highly recommend something similar. . . slow and steady wins the race.  ;)

Katz

[3f...]
Thankyou. The slow and steady message is the take out I need to listen to at this point. Its hard cos you just can't estimate how long a taper will take, and I want to get off so much, the idea of jumping is tempting but the WD SFX Ive had so far have been full on. So far my experience has taken 4 times longer than the doc indicated at the beginning, and that's because I've been listening to my body and using Ashton as a guide. I thought it might get easier with less of the poison in me but my body is so sensitive to it.

[3f...]
Is there a 'Tapering of Valium Support' Thread like the Ativan one listed above? Had a look but couldn't find. Thankyou. :)

Hi Littleleaf

Well done on your reduction. Have you been doing a cut and hold using tablets or liquid? It is not clear from your comments.

Thank you MP

Hello. I took 0.5mg ativan on and off for 18 months for anxiety, and then went up to 1.0mg ativan for insomnia for about 10 weeks. Since deciding to get off this awful stuff I've been tapering for 6+months diazepam 10mg, and now at 1.0mg of diazepam where I have been for 3 weeks.

It hasn't been easy. Especially 2.0mg to 1.0mg. I feel stuck now, and really sad and overwhelmed. The last cut really floored me and I have struggled to stablise, and my sleep has started to get less and less. New symptoms I haven't had before have now popped up and I can't stop worrying about what's in store for me. Im a bit better and want to keep going but don't know how to proceed yet. My last cut was 1.10>1.0mg - and I am thinking about moving to a microtaper but not sure of what rate. Was thinking .01 per day and seeing what happens? Or could I go faster to start off and then slow down? Really want to get off this - also some people jump at certain points... Ashton says 0.5mg?

Thankyou in advance for any experience you can share. I hope you are having a good day today, and if not, hang in there - the only certain thing is that things change.