Anyone take an antibiotic for SIBO?

[se...]

Thanks for the info!  The antibiotic worked well, but short lived.  The motility I believe is my issue.  All I know is this haunts me daily.

I’m going to try what you’ve been taking!  Thank you

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [se...]

• [Lo...]

• [op...]

• [Ho...]

@[se...]

The Armra is still helping! Just spent 10 days in NY and was able to eat pretty much anything (in reason) and very little gas and bloating! I still have some abdominal distension (which is annoying) but many of the GI symptoms have been alleviated. ARMRA is the name of the supplement. I take it twice a day. Took about a month for me to see results, and I have continued to improve in month two. LMK how it goes for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing!  I’m still struggling a bit, but have been juicing celery and cabbage, this seems to help.

Much better than I was six months ago.  I will give your supplement a shot! Wish me luck…

Yeah, motility..!! -Gastro paralysis, Spastic

Peristalsis.. :(

Couldn’t read the whole thread, but…

Keep listening to your bodies guys.. It will give you the answers..

Fwiw, I ended up Carnivore cos the plant proteins were literally killing me, and my biome was toxic..!!

Doing great now..!!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t fly,

Please give us more info, you have recovered your gut biome?  Is there a test?  Can you give specifics on the diet?  How long?  Still on it?

I took 3 rounds of Antibiotics for my SIBO. First was doxycycline that my GI doc prescribed. Stopped the SIBO, for a while and it came back. Did the lie FODMAP diet. Found a naturopath who put me on Xifaxan, 2 rounds of it plus low dose erythromycin as a prokinetic, Allicin and probiotics and finally cured me. I continue taking the erythromycin as a prokiysnd the SIBO has not returned.

Can’t fly,

Please give us more info, you have recovered your gut biome?  Is there a test?  Can you give specifics on the diet?  How long?  Still on it?

Oops, sorry..

way, way better than the old days, I can generally keep it all together with no meds, laxatives, or purpose orientated foods (ie. prunes)..

Latest Oxy reduction after a few years holding had a noticeable negative effect, and I’m using a little “Osmolax PEG” in a cuppa once or twice a week.. Think I’m at about week 6 now, after a 33% drop to 20mg/d.. So that’s dropped me back to say “sensitive”..

Biome must be much better because the inflammation and nerve damage has eased significantly…

Again, still a bit sensitive, esp if I eat the wrong things..

It was a long hard road for me to transition to Carnivore, but that was probably unique to me and my situation, but It was about 10months before I was in a position to essentially ditch plant and highly processed gunk.. :)

It felt great instantly, and I havnt looked back since February this year, asides only a little Pawpaw at times (for my guts, cos my body says so..!!)

I/We suspect we will continue like this indefinitely, or until we see a reason to not.. Kate is NOT medication harmed, and extremely high functioning, and this, originally a 30 day cleanse component, has her feeling her best ever..

I keep it simple and basic, so no, no testing n stuff, I well know if I do something wrong..!! And I think there are probs individual components for us all that lean me towards just listening to my body, and using the popular YouTube's etc, for a general guide and the more in-depth information..

There is a wealth of “low carb” resources out there..

I’m not even sure there is a “doing it wrong” component, just optimising things for ones self as we go..

:)

This makes sense, thanks for sharing.  I guess I am at a point I just want to be done with feeling so badly.  Especially with digestive issues.

Being 20 months post, it can be discouraging.