The End

[14...]

[14...]

After almost 5 years, if I count the start of tolerance withdrawal, I am done worrying and thinking about benzo WD. This has been so difficult but I made it to the end.  I suffered unimaginable mental symptoms for a very long time is all I will say, I don't want to go into details or think about the past.

I can't describe the relief I feel and I think it is long deserved. I feel calm again. I have read many success stories where people say they still have a remaining SX or two and I wanted to wait until I had none before I wrote this and that is the case.

I want to thank Easydoesit45 and Ever Hopeful Quest, I couldn't have done it without you two and I really appreciated the support and friendship. We made it through hell and came out better people !

UPDATE 3/5/22

I have had some mental sx pop up since I have been lifting weights, beyond frustrated. So no its not the end just yet.

In your last post you said that you kind of feel a wierd sort of empty and dead inside and that was the only symptom left, are you saying that that went away too? Or you accepted it and moved on?

I know you would be more inclined to say the later for the sake of motivating others, but i beg you to share the truth, as it's a success story you wrote today finally!

I am super super delighted to read this at the mid of an insomniac night.

But i can't see the ecstatic feeling from your post, I feel like some benzo scar is still your way.

[14...]

In your last post you said that you kind of feel a wierd sort of empty and dead inside and that was the only symptom left, are you saying that that went away too? Or you accepted it and moved on?

I know you would be more inclined to say the later for the sake of motivating others, but i beg you to share the truth, as it's a success story you wrote today finally!

I am super super delighted to read this at the mid of an insomniac night.

ALL of my SX are gone and the last remaining stuff has resolved in the last 5 weeks.

Issey

Go live your life!  Thank you for your help!  Thank you for posting this!  Glad to know you made it!

Peace and prayers

U

[14...]
Thanks everyone, I promise that you will get to where you want before you know it. 38 months is a long time but when I look back it flew by. The days are long but the months and years go by fast.

Thanks everyone, I promise that you will get to where you want before you know it. 38 months is a long time but when I look back it flew by. The days are long but the months and years go by fast.

Issey

Glad to hear of your recovery. So very happy for you!

I started to see bigger changes at 30 months that are just getting better and better as the weeks pass.

I still am cautious. I still have a couple symptoms that are lingering, but slowly lessening over time. I feel more confident about my healing than ever. Fingers crossed.

I still rest when I need to and I do not compromise on this. I still treat myself very gently.

-Fortitude

• 1 month later...
[14...]
Update, I have been lifting weights for a month now since I was feeling good but I think it is too much for my CNS as I have had some mental sx come back. This is very frustrating and I guess that proves that I am not healed.

Update, I have been lifting weights for a month now since I was feeling good but I think it is too much for my CNS as I have had some mental sx come back. This is very frustrating and I guess that proves that I am not healed.

Hopefully they’ll subside quickly is you lay off of the weights.

[14...]
I’m not going to lay off them , this shit has taken enough from me and I’m going to push on , at some point it my body/mind will have to adjust.

I’m not going to lay off them , this shit has taken enough from me and I’m going to push on , at some point it my body/mind will have to adjust.

Good for you, man. I appreciate that attitude. I hope it works well.

I’m still in the spot where my mental stuff is 24/7, so guess I would just be so happy that it was over that I wouldn’t want to do anything to amp it back up.

Best of luck!

Jim

[14...]

Good for you, man. I appreciate that attitude. I hope it works well.

I’m still in the spot where my mental stuff is 24/7, so guess I would just be so happy that it was over that I wouldn’t want to do anything to amp it back up.

Best of luck!

Jim

I remember those days and yes I agree with you, I would do anything to make that go away.

I know how frustrating this feels, I think sometimes all of our symptoms clear up and our body's still have a bit of "behind the scenes" healing to do that we just don't see or feel. I personally believe that more people then we know deal with this, their body's just may not be tested to the same degree that others are with lifestyle changes (exercise etc), meds needed for health reason like antibiotics, or severe forms of stress.

I don't think that this at all should take away from all of the amazing progress that you have made or from the fact that you are basically DONE with this shit. Push on, don't let a few shitty symptoms take away from the feeling of being at the end of this.