Grateful for my husband

[Me...]

I just wanted to post something today. About my husband.

He has not judged me through this. He has understood and been there for me. Today I complained of feeling weak.

He hugged me. Told me everything would be ok. He helped take care of the house and our baby. 35 months of random symptoms popping up. Something always wrong with me....and he has never wavered.

I see some people saying their marriages may fail from this. But my husband has never threatened to leave me for having a bad day or panicking. I am just so grateful. This is a reminder to myself to be easy with him. And gentle with him when he’s having a bad day too.

I got pretty lucky. I think most men would’ve left by now. He is really patient when it comes to this...

What a great post Meganz, we hear from so many members who struggle with no support, thanks for acknowledging your wonderful and caring husband.  :smitten:

I'm happy to hear that your husband is honoring his vows....through sickness and health. The pain is unbearable when someone doesn't have a spouse like yours. He deserves a husband of the year award.  :thumbsup:

As Pam said....not all of us have a husband like that.

Meganz:

So touching!

I too am grateful for my husband and girls!!

They have been my rock through all this, even though I've put them through the ringer for these crazy months, we now know why and at least have some answers!!

I'm so glad that you've had someone who stuck with you, for better or for worse.

I told my husband, but this is so much worse than what you ever expected.

I was the completely healthy one, he has disabling arthritis, so I always expected to be taking care of him.

I took care of the house and kids (for the most part), now he's having to do all of that himself.

Looks like we did a good job picking the good ones!!

No one deserves to go through this hell, and I can't imagine going through it alone.

WinnieDog

• 2 weeks later...
We are very lucky ladies!  My husband has been through hell with me over the past two years, including my emergency colostomy, when he bravely and without complaint tended to my most basic needs, and then helped me through the reversal colostomy.  I feel blessed each and every day to have his love and unwavering support.  I am happy to hear that each if you are blessed, too :smitten:

• 1 month later...

I also have a very supportive husband.  Through all the crying when I think I’m losing my mind, the ER visits, taking off work to help me get to a drs appt, doing laundry and fixing meals. Holding my hand and reading to me  at night to help me calm down and try to sleep. The list is long.

All this while working full time at a physically and mentally challenging job with a long commute.

He’s the best.

Glad to hear from others who have good support too. It’s a rough road for them as well!

• 1 month later...
[0b...]
My husband definitely deserves the husband of the year award. I met him when I was 20, we started dating immediately then got married 5 years later, we are both 46 this year.. When this happened to me in 2017 he never wavered, he knew this was not his wife and that I would recover, he never ever questioned my healing. Everyday when I cry he tells me this is going to end, be patient, everything is going to be just fine, you wait and see. he has said this to me everyday for 3 years. I was a very strong, go getter, driven, happy, healthy active mom and wife, he tells me that very soon I will get to be all of those again. He is my best friend and my rock, i love this man more than he will ever know!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...

I have to add my husband to this list!  He has been with me through this whole process.  I could not have made it without him.  He never complains his responsibility around the house has increased so much.  He has been having to drive me to most of my appointments over the past year, my eyes are so blurry.  He is my best friend and being able to talk to him has brought me out of more dark holes than I can count.

I love him very much and try to make sure he knows that and I appreciate him more than he can imagine!!  :smitten: :smitten: