feels crazy to be writing a success story 3+ years

[na...]

Can you tell me what the overstimulation feeling felt like when you were out? Also what would happen/feel like if you were around people? Thanks! Did your head ever feel heavy? Drugged feeling? I sleep great yet every morning I wake up and it lasts all day like my head is heavy and drugged. I’m thinking that’s chemical related. My physical anxiety is greatly diminished such as heart racing, sweats etc but it’s the brain fuzz/dizziness/fog that is preventing me from gojng out, being around people etc. if I were to go into a store with bright lights I would instantly become detached, dizzy and feel awful like I’m dying, couldn’t concentrate and need to get out. It’s all head sympoms.

I think that a lot of the symptoms you experiencing are similar to what I had felt. it's definitely difficult to explain. It felt liked a chemical fog, and it was easier for me to think clearly when I was in places I was comfortable such as my home or bed. Going to the store 5 minutes away was too much most days, actually I couldn't drive or go outside most days. I had a hard time letting my dog outside because of impulsive thoughts and constant paranoia. I would tell my boyfriend my head feels funny and we would leave most places. The lights, sounds, the amount of people, it would make me feel like everything was collapsing and I needed to leave. My head pressure was always intense, my light sensitivities. My brain even to this day can become quite overstimulated by lights especially driving at night but before it was so simple like if I were watching tv and it went to a scene in the club and the lights would make me panic so I would have to either fast forward or change the show to something I could tolerate.

I am sincerely so happy for you Natsuka. At 3.5 years out I believe I am 89% healed. You are so lucky to have caught this early in life and kicked while you are young. Many people struggle for decades enduring tolerance wd and believing they have every disease in the book because of the symptoms from wd. You have proven to yourself- the hard way- how truly strong your spirit is. I wish you health happiness and love throughout the rest of your life. Good luck girl!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

You wrote that after 3 years of protracted withdrawal from Xanax, you started taking Lexapro.

Did you ever stop taking Lexapro?

Did you then get withdrawal symptoms again ?

Could you give an update ?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am still taking Lexapro to this day, but consider myself 100% healed working a full-time job, socializing, traveling, etc. I did have extreme agoraphobia and still have high levels of anxiety (though I had anxiety prior to taking benzos).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am honest. I think you just replaced your drug...

You will get to the same point when you quit with Lexapro... Try it and let's see what happens.

[cf...]

You will get to the same point when you quit with Lexapro... Try it and let's see what happens.

Exactly. I hate these "success stories" where people just get polydrugged and call themselves healed.

Exactly. I hate these "success stories" where people just get polydrugged and call themselves healed.

I hate them too. I don't consider these as "success stories".

+ 36 months group - http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275264.0

This Success Story meets BB's criteria which are:

-benzodiazepine-free for at least two months;

-(mostly) recovered from your experience;

-feeling positive about the future and this should be reflected in your Success Story.

Each of us may have a different personal idea of what a success story should look like and we're entitled to our opinions.  But the fact is that this success story meets the forum's criteria.  Our mission is to provide non-judgmental mutual support so let's please stop making negative comments on this thread.

This Success Story meets BB's criteria which are:

-benzodiazepine-free for at least two months;

-(mostly) recovered from your experience;

-feeling positive about the future and this should be reflected in your Success Story.

Each of us may have a different personal idea of what a success story should look like and we're entitled to our opinions.  But the fact is that this success story meets the forum's criteria.  Our mission is to provide non-judgmental mutual support so let's please stop making negative comments on this thread.

Agreed. The several comments above are such an awful thing to say to this person who survived hell. Who cares how they made it through, they did it. Congratulations to Natsuka. I hope she’s living life to the fullest.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I consider this a success. There are plenty of people on here who have quit taking benzo but are on AD’s. sometimes we need them to survive. I’m glad you are enjoying your life now… that’s all that matters.  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"5 years later it’s 2019, I’m still currently on 10mg lexapro but from the moment I started, about 4 weeks later my life took a complete U turn".

This gave me hope. I am diagnosed with anxiety/depression after tragic life event, and starting Prozac for one month now and tapering Xanax. My doc says 4-5 month Xanax use is not addicting on a low dose, but i have doubts.

I hope the Prozac onboarding comes soon as I am confused if what I am feeling are Benzo withdrawals or Prozac initial side effects. I had memory of taking Prozac for some months decades ago.

• 7 months later...

Yes I agree. Success story to me is being able to enjoy your life again. Having feelings of joy, love, peace. Being able to experience living life again. Enjoying friends and family again. Regaining your personality again. If taking Lexapro helped her brain heal and got her back to her normal self, then I consider that success. If she would not have taken Lexapro she probably would be suffering still. Many people take antidepressants after Benzo withdrawal and it helps them to regain a normal life. 

Edited by [st...]