Milk vs Alcohol vs Water?

[my...]

In order to do a titration method, I am reading on here that people are using milk, or Vodka.

Is there a reason why I can’t just use water?

(I take 1mg of Ativan, every 8 hours. My intention is to put 1mg of Ativan mixed into 100mL of warm water, shake until dissolved, squirt out 10mL, and take the rest of the dose. I am not comfortable in my knowledge of preparing more than one dose at a time, so figured I would prepare this solution each and every time I need to do so. I have been told to do this 10% decrease in dose for every 1mg dose I take per day. Is this correct? Hold at 90% dose for 7-10 days, and if there are no withdrawals, proceed to the next 10% drop.)

Does this sound accurate?

I was breaking my pills up, and handled down to 80% well, but have found that the pieces I break up are varying in sizes, which are causing me issues. I went back up to 100% for a couple of days to slow my body to steady itself out, but I am trying to prepare for the proper way to do a titration next.

When I weaned off of Lyrica, I used the water titration method successfully, but from what I am reading here, the Ativan would need to be taken with milk, or vodka for it to work?

I do not drink milk, and am allergic to alcohol (have a severe flushing reaction,) so I am curious if there is any other way to do this.

If I have to go the milk route, does it need to be from a cow, or can it be from another animal?

Thank you for all help!

If you use 1ml vodka and 99ml water, you'll be consuming something like 1/40th of a shot. Not saying you have to use that method, but if that makes you feel better, it's not much.

I've used whole milk (I'm using vodka nowadays), but I've read any fatty non-dairy milk works. Good luck!

I do not drink milk, and am allergic to alcohol (have a severe flushing reaction,) so I am curious if there is any other way to do this.

You could use  Ora Plus (available from Amazon). It's a suspending medium. I tried it and it was okay, but I preferred to make a solution using vodka. But many ppl have used Ora Plus (or Ora Sweet) successfully. I'd kind of forgotten about this but it is definitely an option for tapering.

As for milk, I don't see why you couldn't use pea "milk" or almond "milk" as long as they weren't fat-free.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Do you dissolve a tablet in 1mL vodka & then add the water? Or make a vodka/water solution first & then dissolve tablets?

I read about Ora Plus - thank you! I just don't want to make a suspension and have to grind pills (possibly lose some drug), and then suspend and risk an unevenly dispersed suspension. I would personally rather work with a solution vs. a suspension!

Thank you!

ElJ:

Do you dissolve a tablet in 1mL vodka & then add the water? Or make a vodka/water solution first & then dissolve tablets?

I put 1 ml of vodka into my 100 ml beaker, added 1 mg valium, left it for about 5 minutes, came back, then added water. All A-OK.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Thank-you everyone!

I didn’t know that little amount of Alcohol was required, and so this is the route I have gone. It is so a tiny amount, it does not affect me at all, and quickly dissolves my 1mg Ativan.

Thank-you everyone for your help. This method is going very well for me so far. I appreciate all of your help, very much!