Libertas, please read...i am desperate.

[Ca...]

Thankyou Libertas. i have no one to help.  i am NOT taking 1 mg dose 4 times a day.  ( i am at 3.30 mg per day). -  my doses are indeed 4 times a day.  but, 2 doses are .74 and other 2 are .91.  i am on 3.30 mg of Ativan now.      for example to get the .91  dose, i fill my syringe up 9 times to the 10 ml mark. and then on more time only filling to the .01 mark.  that is how i do my dosing.    same for the .74  i fill syringe 7 times to the 10 line and then once more to 4 line.  is this correct.  and, i am sorry i failed math in school. i  apologize.  plus i have cognitive impairment.  i am just worried again, because about 3 weeks ago, i made an error in calculation and used a different way to measure out my water. well, it turned out my water was over and i was inadvertenly  tapering much to quickly , too too fast.  i went from 3.30  to 3. 10  all in one day cut.  :(    and i didn't realize it ...and, it hit me like a ton of bricks. so, i put myself back up to 3.30 where i was a bit better off.      so, Libertas, is my dosing right, then, please for a 3.30 mg daily?  if you please kindly answer this , i will not bother anyone again.  i will shut up.  please have compassion and help.  and i will lay this to rest.  i hope you understand my dosings.   

Thankyou Libertas. i have no one to help.  i am NOT taking 1 mg dose 4 times a day.  ( i am at 3.30 mg per day). -  my doses are indeed 4 times a day.  but, 2 doses are .74 and other 2 are .91.  i am on 3.30 mg of Ativan now.      for example to get the .91  dose, i fill my syringe up 9 times to the 10 ml mark. and then on more time only filling to the .01 mark.  that is how i do my dosing.    same for the .74  i fill syringe 7 times to the 10 line and then once more to 4 line.  is this correct.  and, i am sorry i failed math in school. i  apologize.  plus i have cognitive impairment.  i am just worried again, because about 3 weeks ago, i made an error in calculation and used a different way to measure out my water. well, it turned out my water was over and i was inadvertenly  tapering much to quickly , too too fast.  i went from 3.30  to 3. 10  all in one day cut.  :(    and i didn't realize it ...and, it hit me like a ton of bricks. so, i put myself back up to 3.30 where i was a bit better off.      so, Libertas, is my dosing right, then, please for a 3.30 mg daily?  if you please kindly answer this , i will not bother anyone again.  i will shut up.  please have compassion and help.  and i will lay this to rest.  i hope you understand my dosings. 

Based on the above, if you are using a liquid with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL, your calculations are correct. 

thankyou kindly , sir. God bless you. now, if i could only understand how the ativan knows to go up that syringe into that exact amount.  it's a mystery. i need to trust. 

Per Oregonkatz’s post to your other thread:

HOW ON EARTH does the ativan KNOW to go and march up my syringe in exactly .91

The Ativan knows nothing. It is a dumb, inert substance. You put your syringe in the liquid and pull the Ativan up to the desired amount. YOU DO IT! The Ativan does nothing. When you put the syringe in the liquid, does it crawl up the syringe by itself? NO! Really, Cathy.

Just be careful. Measuring successfully a few times will help you overcome your fear. I was scared to death when I first started my liquid taper, but I did it (btw I'm 71) and I wrote down every reduction I made. Surely looking at a list of successful reductions will help you?

Katz

Based on the above, if you are using a liquid with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL, your calculations are correct.

I don't think she is making a liquid with a concentration of .01mg per ml, which means that the doses that she is taking are not delivering the lorazepam that they should be.  I will try to explain this in her other thread.

Thank you for reaching out to a member in distress, confuseduser!  It is very, very important for us to check one another’s work.

FYI According to the info she provided on her other thread, my understanding is that the “recipe” she is using is:

10mg of Ativan tablets + 30mL of vodka + 970mL of water

This will yield 1000mL of liquid (30mL of vodka + 970mL of water) with a concentration of:

10mg/1000mL = 0.01mg/mL

Thank you for reaching out to a member in distress, confuseduser!  It is very, very important for us to check one another’s work.

FYI According to the info she provided on her other thread, my understanding is that the “recipe” she is using is:

This will yield 1000mL of liquid (30mL of vodka + 970mL of water) with a concentration of:

10mg/1000mL = 0.01mg/mL

Thank you, Libertas.  I actually deleted my response  that you quoted because after I posted it I thought that my post questioning the math was incorrect.

You are indeed correct with your analysis of the math on that one.  For whatever reason, the mathematics on that one were locking up my mind. 

so after reading all these other responses, Libertas.  does my math and and what you said to me still stand?  am i doing it correctly and am i getting all the needed ativan in each 10 ml . dose.  ???      confused again after the other posts chimed in. :(

Cathy, I have a post in my p-log about liquefying benzos that may help to make you less anxious. It's here: Gardener's P-log

thankyou, i just read that.  thankyou.  but,i shake my vodka/ativan water solution before dosing. is this ok to do??  is it hurting by shaking it,becauses i just feel more secure about my doses if i shake my jar first before dosing.

but,i shake my vodka/ativan water solution before dosing. is this ok to do??  is it hurting by shaking it,becauses i just feel more secure about my doses if i shake my jar first before dosing.

It doesn't hurt it at all to shake it.  And if you did not shake it you would probably worry.  I do the same thing with my liquid valium diluted with water that is in a container where I previously mixed it.

so after reading all these other responses, Libertas.  does my math and and what you said to me still stand?  am i doing it correctly and am i getting all the needed ativan in each 10 ml . dose.  ???      confused again after the other posts chimed in.

I think Libertas explained it perfectly in a post on the other page of this thread where Libertas wrote:

10mg/1000mL = 0.01mg/mL

so, then my way (for me) is right, is that correct.  in otherwords, i am doing it right. right?? 

but,i shake my vodka/ativan water solution before dosing. is this ok to do??  is it hurting by shaking it,becauses i just feel more secure about my doses if i shake my jar first before dosing.

It doesn't hurt it at all to shake it.  And if you did not shake it you would probably worry.  I do the same thing with my liquid valium diluted with water that is in a container where I previously mixed it.

I used to shake my solution, too, "just to be safe." I was probably being paranoid, but it made me feel better, so whatever works! :thumbsup:

Libertas was great and calculated the doses in this previous post and concluded that the strength of your solution was 10mg/1000mL = 0.01mg/mL"

10mg/1000mL = 0.01mg/mL

In another post in a different thread, Cathymp wrote:

Thankyou Libertas. i have no one to help.  i am not taking 1 mg dose 4 times a day.  my doses are indeed 4 times a day.  but, 2 doses are .74 and other 2 are .91.  i am on 3.30 mg of Ativan now.      for example to get the .91  dose, i fill my syringe up 9 times to the 10 ml mark. and then on more time only filling to the .01 mark.  that is how i do my dosing.    same for the .74  i fill syringe 7 times to the 10 line and then once more to 4 line.  is this correct.  and, i am sorry i failed math in school. i  apologize.

Based on all of this information, it sounds as though your solution is indeed 0.01mg/mL and that you are taking your doses correctly.

I used to shake my solution, too, "just to be safe." I was probably being paranoid, but it made me feel better, so whatever works! :thumbsup:

:smitten: