i keep hearing not to take alcohol while tapering...but, on LMT..we use vodka.

[Ca...]

So, is this going to hurt us or set us back, since we are using alcohol. .  i keep hearing about kindling and it's a no no to use alcohol whilst tapering.  ....so confusing. is it ok or not?

Great question!

Its so obvious the contradiction!

For that reason, i decided using milk and im glad i did. 2 months after jumping, i got a huge set back worse than the prior all time worst from just half shrimp that was cooked with cooking wine. I believe regardless how little the votka used for titration,  it must be more than what i took from the half shrimp. The thing is, i have been using cooking wine for seafood during my taper without problem. Im guessting benzo supressed the effects of alcohol and why it was ok then.

Anyways, i dont think it makes good sense to use votka if milk can work even it may be ok during taper for some reason.

One sure thing is, once you are off benzo, absolutely no touch of alcohol. I felt like i reinstated benzo 3 months off it was very very damaging.

I use milk as I didn't like the thought of using alcohol as bnzos are not supposed to be mixed with alcohol anyway. Even though the amount may be small in a DLMT,  it just didn't set right with me, so milk was my choice.

Whether it hurts or not, I don't know, but 4mom gave a pretty good description how alcohol affected her.  I know I didn't want to chance it. And, of course, some were a success in using alcohol for their tapers.

I agree; why use another 'drug' if milk can be used.  Other than milk needing to be refrigerated or on ice if traveling, it's pretty much quite convenient.

Many people have used vodka or alcohol to break down their benzo into a solution with no ill effects.

In fact, some of the liquid forms of benzos actually contain alcohol, as do several other meds.

You asked if alcohol would hurt us or set us back.  You received a couple of posts about milk and why the preference was not alcohol.  That is all.