Titration: Filtering out the sediment

[Bl...]

Hi all,

I am doing a liquid taper of Klonopin.  I was thinking of using a coffee filter or something to filter out the sediment (it is NASTY) and was wondering:

1.  Would the drug get lost behind in the filter?

2.  Is there a better way or method?

3.  Should I just suck it up buttercup?  LOL.

Thanks,

BB

I would be afraid there's drug in the sediment. I shake my solution up before I pour from it. The xanax doesn't taste that bad. I make my solution very dilute.

I am with HTDT on this matter.

Since we do not know how much of the benzodiazepine has made it into solution, our general advice is to shake up the mixture immediately before measuring out a dose. For similar reasons, filtering the liquid is probably a bad idea, as it will potentially remove some/much/all (there is no way to know how much) of the active ingredient.

If you shake it up, and immediately decant your dose, you can always then add something more palatable to the portion your are about to consume.

Since we do not know how much the benzodiazepine has made it into solution, our general advice is to shake up the mixture immediately before measuring out a dose. For similar reasons, filtering the liquid is probably a bad idea, as it will potentially remove some/much/all (there is no way to know how much) of the active ingredient.

If you shake it up, and immediately decant your dose, you can always then add something more palatable to the portion your are about to consume.

This is what I was thinking re the sediment, but wanted to check with the Forum. Would be really nice if I could get some liquid K here in the US! I can't believe we have to go through this shit!

I put my dose in a shot of flavored water or jiuice, but that sediment also affects the mouth feel (texture) and taste, if that makes sense?

I appreciate everyone's answer and I will just continue to keep on.

Since we do not know how much the benzodiazepine has made it into solution, our general advice is to shake up the mixture immediately before measuring out a dose. For similar reasons, filtering the liquid is probably a bad idea, as it will potentially remove some/much/all (there is no way to know how much) of the active ingredient.

This is what I was thinking re the sediment, but wanted to check with the Forum. Would be really nice if I could get some liquid K here in the US! I can't believe we have to go through this shit!

I put my dose in a shot of flavored water or jiuice, but that sediment also affects the mouth feel (texture) and taste, if that makes sense?

I appreciate everyone's answer and I will just continue to keep on.

Maybe adding it to a whole glass of flavored water or juice would dilute it out enough.

Maybe adding it to a whole glass of flavored water or juice would dilute it out enough.

If I could chug a glass of water I would totally do this.  I've never in my life been able to chug a glass of anything lol.  c'est la vie

I would be afraid there's drug in the sediment. I shake my solution up before I pour from it. The xanax doesn't taste that bad. I make my solution very dilute.

i do, too.  how dilute do you make your solution?

i do, too.  how dilute do you make your solution?

I was making it at 0.005 mg/mL (2.5 mg/500 mL). I was taking 0.5 mg per day, so that's 100 mL. When I got down to 0.4 mg per day, I started making it at 0.004 mg/mL. That's where I'm at now.