please help me. i tapered to quickly. builder, someone kind..

[Ca...]

please, i need support and help on what to do.  i cannot updose, as i am in tolerance WD, the ativan doesn't work on me anymore. it's like placebo.    Since mid Sept i have come down from 3.75 mg  to 3.10  mg of ativan.  i was ok doing .02 cuts per day on MLT, but, i changed measuring cups and realized too late that my old measuring device and this onee aree not equivalent.  so, for the oh, 3 weeks, i have been tapering fast and didn't know it.  probably doing .04 a day. i don't know. i really don't.  i just know that 3 weeks ago, i started adding more water to batch of solution, and didn't realize it.  so, the last 3 weeks aree what's getting  to me.  slapping me upside the head.  because in 3 weeks i went from 3.30 down to 3.10.    pleasee what can i do ?? i cannot updose, is my only option holding and riding it out, it's pretty intense.  i felt ok doing the nice .02 cut per day, then i goofed up .  darn it.  help, someone, please, thankyou, kindly.    :(  help, please.  do i updose or hold orr what, my brain cog fog is so instense, it has an amnesia like quality.  and my guts hurt and my body aches everywhere. 

Well, Cathy, as I see it, you have two choices:

1. Hold at 3.10 and hope things get better.

2. Go back to the last dose at which you felt okay. That would be 3.75 mgs, right? If it's not, if 3.30 is the dose at which you last felt well, go back to that dose.

As you are not doing well right now, if it were me, I would go back to 3.75 (or 3.30) and stay there until you do feel better.  Don't taper. Just take your 3.75 or 3.30. Yeah, I know you say you *can't* updose, but I don't know what that means. And of course the Ativan doesn't "work" any more. That's why you're tapering, right?

You just made a small boo-boo. It's not a big deal. We've all done something like this. You can fix it.

In my experience , going back to the place where you made your boo boo and holding usually fixes things. At least it did for me.

So those are my thoughts.

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

going back to 3.30  is updosing.  and, since ativan doesn't heelp me anymore, how is updosing going to help, could you pleease explain that. i am in tolerance to drug, it doesn't work.  it makes me sick to take it.  so, if i go back to 3.30  (no way to 3.75 that was in sept, and i went from that to 3.50  to 3.30  to this fast 3.10.  i havee never felt good since feb reehab. not been stable since then.  so, please, i ask kindly, how does going back to 3.30 help me??  if the med no longer works.  please help me understand.  at 3.30 i wasn't feeling so hot, eeitheerr, but, i was at least more functional and rational and able to add and subtract.

Cathy I am just offering suggestions. You can do whatever you think is best. You ask how does going back to 3.3 help you? You've answered your own question:

at 3.30 i wasn't feeling so hot, eeitheerr, but, i was at least more functional and rational and able to add and subtract.

Yes, you're in tolerance to the drug. No, it doesn't make you feel better when you take it. And it won't. We've all been there. And we've all made a mistake in dosing. And we all had to figure it out. How will you get to feeling better so you can resume your taper? As I said, there only seem to be two ways out of this: updose or hold. Neither is going to make you feel better right away.

I understand your frustration.

Maybe someone who has another idea will chime in.

Katz