Am I doing this titration wrong?

[Ch...]

I actually followed someone else plan on here because I don’t know how to figure it out.  Im having withdrawals already or maybe this is normal.  Someone said I shouldn’t have any withdrawal at this point if Um doing it right.

1mg klonopin

100ml of milk

remove .01 next .02 and so on

Today I’m up to .04

So if I figured this right from 1mg now I’m at .96

I originally removed too much starting last week then switched to the above taper.  I keep feeling like I want to bail on this but I know I should because when I started I was in tolerance withdrawal. 

Thank you

I actually followed someone else plan on here because I don’t know how to figure it out. Im having withdrawals already or maybe this is normal.  Someone said I shouldn’t have any withdrawal at this point if Um doing it right.

1mg klonopin

100ml of milk

remove .01 next .02 and so on

Today I’m up to .04

So if I figured this right from 1mg now I’m at .96

I originally removed too much starting last week then switched to the above taper.  I keep feeling like I want to bail on this but I know I should because when I started I was in tolerance withdrawal. 

Thank you

It would help a great deal if you could fill out your signature telling us about your benzo history ;)

I read through your posts. I am very sorry for your recent loss. Good decision to get off the benzos :thumbsup:

Some one telling you that you "shouldn’t have any withdrawal at this point if Um doing it right" is full of crap. Ignore this :idiot:

Are you reducing .01 everyday? I suggest staying where you are until you feel better and get a solid plan in place, especially since you were in tolerance prior to starting your taper. Get yourself to a better place then start reducing again.

Did you hold completely at your dose of K with milk before you started reducing?  If not, then you should because you could be reacting to the change from pills to liquid also.  And 100 days off of 1mg of Klonopin if you are in tolerance may be a little fast.  You may need to get a smaller 1 ML syringe and discard less.  But either way, what you need to do is make sure that you are tolerating the liquid first and hold with it for several days to adjust.  If you don't, then consider a dry cut microtaper using a scale OR use a compounding pharmacy.  Removing .04 ML doesn't seem like much but that's actually 4% within 4 days. 

Since I feel like crap I've been using a really small oral syringe to withdraw.  Today I totally forgot to withdraw because I feel like my brain is turning into mush right now. 

What happens if you forget one day to withdraw can I take it out of my last dose of it doesn't matter.  I am still on the hunt for a doctor that will work with me and my taper plan.  Is this even possible?

I feel absolutely horrible in the morning then start to feel better and sometime during the day feel like crap again .  I have to get up and go to work everyday or I'll lose everything.

I'm using a 1ml syringe it's very small

Lots of people only cut every other day or so.  Again, you didn't answer about whether you held once you switched to liquid - it could be impacting you differently - many people notice this. 

Also, if you are having trouble, going down 1% per day may be a little too fast for you.  That's the rate you are going.  That's getting off 1 mg of Klonopin in like 3.5 months and many would find that way too fast!!! 

Hang in there! If you were in tolerance withdrawal like you wrote (I didn't experience tolerance withdrawal as far as I'm aware, but I believe you) then you might have to just face the taper head on.

I feel like so much of this is an exercise in letting go of fear. When I started I was afraid of everything, that I was going too fast/too slow, that I was doing it wrong, that I wouldn't succeed, that I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Having a more positive attitude about the whole thing has helped me enormously when it comes to coping with withdrawal symptoms.

What kind of doctor are you looking for and what did the prescribing doctor say about the fact that you want to taper?

Hi Charlie,

I got your PM. Be sure to only take advice on the open forum, not via PM. This is to make sure the advice you get is seen by others in case it’s wrong. I have reached out to someone else who may be better able to answer your questions than I am.  I have a terrible time with titration questions and little experience with it.

Feeling like crap during withdrawal is to be expected, I’m afraid. That doesn’t mean you’re doing anything wrong.

Challis  :hug:

Hello, Charlie1966.

Am I understanding correctly that you switched your total daily dose of clonazepam from a regular 1mg regular tablet to a homemade liquid using milk?  And then began to make reductions in your total daily dose?

If so, then I agree with Momof7babes and Gudruna, stay where you are to see if you feel better (given the relatively long half-life of clonazepam, this may take a while).

Can you please tell us more about your homemade liquid?  For example, are you using whole fat, homogenized milk? Have the tablets been disintegrating OK? 

It would also be helpful to know more about your daily dosing schedule. Once a day? When?

In closing, might I strongly encourage you to create a taper plan that is based on your unique history/experience of clonazepam instead of following someone else’s plan? Members here will be happy to provide feedback/input!

Hi Charlie,

I got your PM. Be sure to only take advice on the open forum, not via PM. This is to make sure the advice you get is seen by others in case it’s wrong.

And who decides which advice is wrong? ::)

I’m using whole milk homogenized my normal dose was .05 twice a day 1 mg total a day.  I’m putting both pills

in 100 mls of milk I started removing .01 with a 1 ml oral syringe.  I started because I was in tolerance withdrawal my doctor told me to go up another .05 I thought that was a bad idea and it was better to taper than start taking more and more to get relief. 

When I got to .04 removal I held for 4 days

Today I removed .05 I’m going to hold again until

I feel comfortable to go down another .01 ml again

I’m dosing 3x a day

If my math is right which it may not be from 1mg I should be at .95 now. 

I appreciate everyone’s help. 

So my therapist who I have been going to for a very long time.  Who went through everything with me when my husband was dying of cancer.  I poured my heart out to her on Thursday crying explaining how I’m in tolerance withdrawal from the 1 mg of klonopin I’ve been on for 4 years.  How I started to micro taper and feel like crap sometimes.  She told me I was over reacting that I was on a baby dose.  She hurt me by saying that.  If this is such a baby dose why is getting off so damn hard. 😤😤

ok a baby dose she should try some. 

Hi Charlie,

I got your PM. Be sure to only take advice on the open forum, not via PM. This is to make sure the advice you get is seen by others in case it’s wrong.

Builder,

Stop the snarky comments, Colin has addressed this more than a few times, as I am as well.

Challis is doing the right thing by reminding a member to follow the correct procedure for getting tapering information. As you know, the PM system is only for friendly chit chat and moral support.

Who decides what is right and wrong? It has been mentioned time and time again that no one is an expert here. However, we have those who have taken considerable time and effort to study the various taper methods so that members can receive reliable information. Mistakes can happen, even by the 'smartest' of us. By having the information on the open forum, others can catch the error which would be impossible via the PM system.

Being disrespectful to a team member simply won't fly.

pianogirl

Hi Charlie,

Ultimately the one asking for advice decides, but I’m referring more to errors.

So my therapist who I have been going to for a very long time.  Who went through everything with me when my husband was dying of cancer.  I poured my heart out to her on Thursday crying explaining how I’m in tolerance withdrawal from the 1 mg of klonopin I’ve been on for 4 years.  How I started to micro taper and feel like crap sometimes.  She told me I was over reacting that I was on a baby dose.  She hurt me by saying that.  If this is such a baby dose why is getting off so damn hard. 😤😤

One milligram of Klonopin isn’t a ‘baby dose’, it’s actually quite significant. IMO there is no baby dose when it comes to benzodiazepines. Certainly doesn’t sound very supportive, or knowledgeable for that matter. Any thoughts of looking for a different therapist?

The last thing anyone in benzodiazepine withdrawal (not to mention in the grief process) needs is to be scoffed at. Is she the prescriber?

I can identify with this, Charlie1966. I am so sorry you are going through this and sorry for your loss.  It's hard enough to deal with all this, shame on your therapist for discounting your experience. It's strange, I read previous posts and itf I understand correctly this therapist is the one who said you should taper, am I correct. Good for her that she knows you should taper, but that is only a small part!  There is a lot of info out there, if you like this therapist and wish to give her another chance perhaps you can educate her.  Here is a handout from W-bad.org to start with that may help enlighten her: http://w-bad.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/FOR-THERAPISTS-HANDOUT-2.pdf  I have several links for articles and YouTube videos on Benzo awareness/education, let me know if you want more.

I would not hesitate to tell her how upsetting her response was to you. If she is a good therapist she will be receptive. Hopefully she was just having a bad day, but IMO it is not ok for a therapist to tell a client they are "over-reacting".  A better response would have been to validate your experience and to say she has never heard of what you are describing then ask for more info. We can't fault healthcare people for not being aware of what we are going through, as they are ot taught, but we sure can expect to be believed and their willingness to learn.

Good luck,

J