Help reducing diazepam 9mg using liquid titration

[be...]

Hi,

I hit a wall after dry cutting diazepam from 24mg to 9mg. I found a pharmacy that can mix a liquid solution (2mg/5ml) and I would like to know how exactly the process works of reducing by say 0.025 a day. Please could someone explain it step by step, including where am I supposed to store the solution/water mixture and how much am I going to fill the syringe with every day. I also want to know whether mixing the pharmaceutical solution with the water will affect the distribution of diazepam inside this mixture. Do you have to shake the container every time before using the syringe? Thank you.

Hi,

I hit a wall after dry cutting diazepam from 24mg to 9mg. I found a pharmacy that can mix a liquid solution (2mg/5ml) and I would like to know how exactly the process works of reducing by say 0.025 a day. Please could someone explain it step by step, including where am I supposed to store the solution/water mixture and how much am I going to fill the syringe with every day. I also want to know whether mixing the pharmaceutical solution with the water will affect the distribution of diazepam inside this mixture. Do you have to shake the container every time before using the syringe? Thank you.

Yes, diluting a pharma liquid can affect the distribution. It is not necessary to further dilute your 2mg/5ml pharmaceutical liquid Valium. You can easily reduce .025ml a day using a 100 increment 1ml tuberculin syringe Here is a detailed  step by step example of what your daily reductions would be reducing .025 a day using your undiluted 2mg/5ml pharma liquid Valium. It may be advantageous to pour a small portion of the pharma liquid into a separate jar to lessen the possibility of contamination. From this separate jar  shake well then using the 10ml and 100 increment syringes draw out your daily dose(s). It is that easy.

Food for thought...many folks have reported being sensitive to the pharma liquid. Taking 9mgs(22.5ml) is a lot of pharma liquid. I would suggest considering combining tablets with the pharma liquid and tapering from the liquid portion of your dose. Here is a detailed step by step example using a combo of 2mg tablets and the pharma liquid.

The 100 increment syringe has 100 lines for 1ml. The syringe does not read to .005, you could read between the lines if you really wanted to but with Valium this is not really necessary. Because your pharma liquid is 2mg/5ml each line on a 100 increment syringe equals .004mg. If your solution was compounded at 1mg/1ml each line would equal .01.

Sorry, just one last important question! If I wanted to go down by 0.01mg a day, it's going to be hard because I can't find a 0.5ml syringe without a needle. I habe looked everywhere. If I reduced by 0.02mg every 2-3 days would this be okay instead?

If you do not want to dilute your pharmaceutical solution then yes, you could reduce that way.

Another option would be to go between the lines like this .

Or you can alter reductions like this:

Am                                    PM

4.50ml                              4.50ml

4.49ml                              4.50ml

4.49ml                              4.49ml

4.48ml                              4.49ml

4.48ml                              4.48ml

Or another option:

Am                                                  Pm

4mg tabs +  .5ml/mg liquid              4mg tabs + .5ml/mg liquid

4mg tabs + .49ml/mg liquid              4mg tabs + .5ml/mg liquid

4mg tabs + .49ml/mg liquid              4mg tabs + .49ml/mg liquid

4mg tabs + .48ml/mg liquid              4mg tabs + .49ml/mg liquid

4mg tabs + .48ml/mg liquid              4mg tabs + .48ml/mg liquid

Ah okay... Unfortunately I can't get that concentration in my country without diluting it myself. I will just have to reduce by 0.02 then and take a bit longer. Is it okay to use the same syringes every day or should I always use new ones? Thank you so much for answering my questions

See response above.

Yes you can use the same syringe everyday. You need to rinse it out. Another problem with some syringes is that the lines wear off quickly. If your brand is like this you can put a piece of scotch tape over the numbers so they don't wear out.