How Long Will It Take?

[cl...]

as long as it takes. my advice is take is slow but not glacial.

I came off 4mg in 11 months. I would cut pills until I got down to 0.5mg. I used the liquid titration method. I have a post on here somewhere, I will try to find it.

Best to go slow, there is no need to hurry and you will be better off going slow. I would guess maybe 6 months but you have to let your body tell you. You go to fast, your symptoms will smack you in the face. By going slow it is very manageable and you haven't been on C for that long, relatively speaking.

Good Luck. I will try to find that post.

This is one method that worked well for me.

I was taking 2-2mg tablets. Like I said I used pill cutter to where I was down to one about 1mg. If I was doing it again I would have used the liquid titration method the whole way. You are so right to go slow but its not necessary to go tooo slow, you will figure out where that point is.

I went back to the dr. that prescribed this poison to me and got my script to 0.5mg tab. Here is how I did the titration but you will need some tools.

1. pill crusher (any drugstore)

2. a glass measured beaker (20ml  from Amazon)

3. needless syringe (20ml from Amazon)

4. small container with sealed lid (Tupperware)

How to:

a. crush pill finely

b. dumb into Tupperware container

c. measure 20mL of milk (I used whole milk as suggested to me)

d. pour milk into Tupperware, secure with lid, shake well

This part may seem confusing but it is easy, really. (this is my example, you can sub a xx ml measure/syringe for my 20ml)

1: I had a 20ml mixture of 0.5mg clonazepam/milk or 0.5/20 = 0.025 mg/ml. Just divide the pill size by the milliliters of milk.

2: Decide how fast you want to taper. In this example I did 1 ml every 5 days. You don't get that drop every 2 weeks. its a steady taper.

3: I would drop 1ml every 5 days for (5 * 0.025 =0.125 mg) Use syringe to pull out 20ml of mixture. (you have your full dose in milk now)

4: Push 1ml out of syringe into trash (never down the sink). You have 19ml left in syringe. This is your dose to take, squirt into mouth.

5: clean up

It is very easy really, once you do it a couple of times its very easy. You will adjust based on your circumstances.

You could use 20ml beaker and syringe for 2mg of clonazepam, three times a day

- crush 2mg of pills

- measure milk in 20ml beaker

- mix in container, shake well

- your now have 2mg/20ml OR 0.1mg/ 1 mL

- fill syringe to full 20mg

- squirt out 1ml into trash leaving you with 19mL (you just tapered by 0.1mg)

- next day do 18 mL, etc. Write down you steps as you may forget

- empty the remaining 19ml into mouth with the syringe

sounds more difficult than it is but you will get the hang of it......I am sure you will have other methods but this worked great for me, my jump was totally uneventful. And after about a 6 weeks I was feeling better and now I am out 5 1/2 months and pretty good. I am figuring out what causes me not to sleep. If I sleep I am great the next day. It was beers and sodas for me.

A slow taper is best...but there are other considerations as well

if you go too fast you will know it....Personally, I would do the liquid titration from the start. It worked well for me. PM me if you need any help. I am 8 EIGHT months off today. Having a tough day since I didnt sleep well the last two nights but that will change. Ive had almost a good month of feeling good.

Hang in there and be patient, one step at a time. It will happen and you will be off. Going slow like the linear taper helps when you make the jump...you can expect some symptoms but everyone is different from what I read...

Good Luck.

I said above I would drop 1mL every 5 days, I would go down from say 18.0 to 17.8 the next day or go down by .2mL everyday (5 x 0.2 = 1)...keep a log or you will forget

Hi  good morning all

i am taking  Tablet  Clonozapam 2 mg  since  long  period,  and now i intended to reduce and get rid off  from this tablets, being  facing more problems,so  i want do  slowly  and study , hence please some body  guide about  liquid taper  (with Milk)  , with 2 mg  , distribution  schedule , (3 times a day )  guidance  in this connection, more helpful  to me  and  , i am very great full to the forum ,  My process is  from 20 ML Syringe ,1 ml  i will  reduce , every 15 days. how about this  ,  and how LONG (period)  i have  to continue  this process . 

sincerely

PVmn10