Should both daily doses of valium be equal between pills and liquid?

[jo...]

I DLMT by taking both pills and liquid for my taper and dose twice a day.  I have never thought of this until now, but should both of my doses be equal in mg?  Since I started my DLMT, I have only took the liquid part of my taper in the evening.  By doing it this way, each 1 mg I taper down alternates how many mg I take in the morning and the evening.

EX:  At 11 mg, I would take a 5 mg pill in the Morning and a 5 mg pill in the evening along with the 1 mg liquid which I used for my DLMT.

At 10 mg, I would still take a 5 mg pill in the morning but only two 2 mg pills in the evening

along with the 1 mg of liquid for the DLMT.

At 9 mg, I will be taking two mg pills in the morning and two mg pills in the evening along with the 1 mg liquid for the DLMT.

Doing it this way, I am taking more mg in the morning one month and then more mg in the evening the next month and so on.  Would it be better on sx to take an even amount of mg at both doses?  To do this I would have to split my liquid part of the taper into those two doses along with the pills.

Any thoughts, thanks to all :).

It doesn't matter.  Do whatever is most convenient.

It's more convenient to take the liquid taper in one dose, but by doing that I'll never have two equal doses during the day.  I guess my question is why does it not matter?

Will this not make a difference in sx as my dose gets lower, say to 2-3 mg a day?

Thanks

I have a buddy who does a smaller dose in the morning by pill and then does a pill/liquid (alcohol/water solution) before bed that's much larger and it's working well for her now.  She says the morning dose doesn't seem to do much for her but she's leaving it for now.  I have known of others that have had to do 3-4 equal doses of Valium per day b/c of their metabolisms and the frequent, timed doses keep things level/even for them.  We are all so different.  The only thing you can do is to try it but I wouldn't think where you are now, that it wouldn't matter much? 

While I did not titrate, I reduced my morning dose first every time I made a reduction. I wanted the nighttime dose to be the last one to go, it worked for me. 

pianogirl

It's more convenient to take the liquid taper in one dose, but by doing that I'll never have two equal doses during the day.

So what?

I guess my question is why does it not matter?

Because tablet or liquid, 1mg diazepam is 1mg diazepam.

Will this not make a difference in sx as my dose gets lower, say to 2-3 mg a day?

Nope.

Thanks

[05...]

It seems to me that the more even you distribute your doses during the day the better but all depends what drug you are tapering. V and K  are long 1/2 life so in theory shouldn't be a problem even if you take it once a day. The problem is when you add liquid and pills to the equation. Liquid of course is the dose to reduce and depending on the pills,scored or not it may get more difficult to reduce at the end. That's when all liquid doses take over. In my case I'm at 0.350 mg of k . I take  0.05 ml in the Mor. 0.05 ml in Aft. and the 0.250 mg pill at bed time. I'm reducing the liquid doses evenly. I agree with Piano G about taking the higher dose at bed time.

When I reach 0.050 ml I'll probably split the 0.250 mg pill leaving 0.125 mg at bed time and passed the other 0.125 mg to liquid to have two doses of 0.080 ml each. If everything goes OK I'll reach the point where all be liquid. But I still split the doses as far as I can.

Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

It's more convenient to take the liquid taper in one dose, but by doing that I'll never have two equal doses during the day.  I guess my question is why does it not matter?

Thanks

If I may offer a clarification on behalf of builder, I think he means that there is no right answer. It depends upon the individual, their circumstances and how they react.

If I may offer a clarification on behalf of builder, I think he means that there is no right answer. It depends upon the individual, their circumstances and how they react.

Is Builder no longer able to post?

Is Builder no longer able to post?

No, no. builder's account is totally unrestricted. It only stated it like that because I was offering an exploration/clarification of behalf another, and wished to acknowledge this.

Thanks

No, it means exactly what I said it means:

"Because tablet or liquid, 1mg diazepam is 1mg diazepam"

Thanks

For clarity, I've stricken out what I did not actually write. Of course I understand that you did not intend to add your comments to where you quoted me.

As for the meat of the matter: I think if you were not so intent to disagree me, you would have better understood what jojodancer was actually asking/questioning. She takes some liquid, and some pills. She was asking is it OK to take the liquid as one dose during the day, and (as best she can manage) the pills split across two doses, even though this results is two differing doses. Clearly, your answer is completely incorrect - they are not the same dose.

As for the question you thought was being asked: you have already been corrected (multiple times in another thread) by a BB member (who holds a BA in chemistry and worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 15 years) about your claim that home-titrated pills have an identical pharmacological profile to the original pills - they almost assuredly do not! Your bit of high school chemistry does not trump the knowledge of someone who holds a degree in chemistry and with highly relevant work experience.

@jojodancer - nothing to worry about here. If titration is working for you, no need to make changes. How did you decide upon to divide your daily dose in the end?

As for the meat of the matter: I think if you were not so intent to disagree me, you would have better understand what the jojodancer was actually asking/questioning. She takes some liquid, and some pills. She was asking is it OK to take the liquid as one dose during the day, and (as best she can manege) the pills split across two doses, even though this results is two differing doses. Clearly, your answer is completely incorrect - they are not the same dose.

:thumbsup:

Colin,

For now, I think I will stick with dosing the liquid portion at the same time each day just for convenience. I am about a week out from reaching 9 mg daily from 15 mg, so I still have a long way to go. If sx start to change for the worse, I will make both daily doses totally equal.

Thanks to all for the help,

JoJo

Colin,

For now, I think I will stick with dosing the liquid portion at the same time each day just for convenience. I am about a week out from reaching 9 mg daily from 15 mg, so I still have a long way to go. If sx start to change for the worse, I will make both daily doses totally equal.

Thanks to all for the help,

JoJo

Good job! Please let us know if you run into any problems.

[05...]

Colin,

Reading some of the stuff on this thread made me have doubts about concepts I thought wouldn't be an issue during DMLT taper particulary on the comment :home-titrated pills have an identical pharmacological profile to the original pills

Could you please tell me where in the forum was this issue discussed? 

Thanks,

Miguel

I crashed at 2 mg. Stupidlt, mistook wd symptoms for another health problem. So I’ve been in wd now for over 2 months. I updosed last Sunday. I take my dose at night. Everyone says to split dose. So all week, I have been trying diff times for the day dose. I’m in a very weakened state. When I take the .75 it weakens be further during the day and I feel worse. Now the last 2 nites I couldn’t sleep, which is my greatest fear.  Do you think it’s ok to continue to take the full dose at nite and make changes when I have more strength?

I crashed at 2 mg. Stupidlt, mistook wd symptoms for another health problem. So I’ve been in wd now for over 2 months. I updosed last Sunday. I take my dose at night. Everyone says to split dose. So all week, I have been trying diff times for the day dose. I’m in a very weakened state. When I take the .75 it weakens be further during the day and I feel worse. Now the last 2 nites I couldn’t sleep, which is my greatest fear.  Do you think it’s ok to continue to take the full dose at nite and make changes when I have more strength?

Yes, it is ok...if one dose at night is working why even consider splitting ??? Valium has such a long half life it should not matter unless you are a fast metabolizer.

Last night before bedtime I had a surge of symptoms. It happened the night before. I assume this is interdose withdrawal. I updosed 8 days ago from crashing at 2 mg. At first I felt some relief but then insomnia hit and I can’t get stable. Everyone I talk to says to split the dose. I’m lost