tiration procedure

[PV...]

sir/madam

Recently my Doctor  prescribed me  (insomnia)  from  clonozapam  tab  to  ATIVAN 2 mg

hence i would like to take this tablet  (since long  one decade )using sleeping  tabs,

Ativan 2mg  is very  small  tablet. hence please guide me  in which  form  i.e  DRY/Titration

and how many  times to take the tablet in a day,  . in dry form i have seen  in forum , taking  very  small  0.028mg  some thing  like this way, how to weigh

this kind of Tablet powder in smaller  mg, please  kindly advise.

if there is any LINK  regarding weighing  /dry cutting  please  send me. 

Thanks  and appreciate  your kind early.

PVMN10

sir/madam

Recently my Doctor  prescribed me  (insomnia)  from  clonozapam  tab  to  ATIVAN 2 mg

hence i would like to take this tablet  (since long  one decade )using sleeping  tabs,

Ativan 2mg  is very  small  tablet. hence please guide me  in which  form  i.e  DRY/Titration

and how many  times to take the tablet in a day,  . in dry form i have seen  in forum , taking  very  small  0.028mg  some thing  like this way, how to weigh

Thanks  and appreciate  your kind early.

PVMN10

Hello,

We do have a support group for those tapering ativan, I'll give you a link to it and you can ask questions of those who are going through the process or have completed it. I'm sure they would be happy to help you.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44903.8350

For dry titration many people use a jewelers scale. These are available on Amazon and the most recommended brand is Gemini. When the tablet is so small, some people actually grind the tablet and put the appropriate amount in capsules.

What taper rate are you looking at, what percentage?

Take a look at the thread I gave you and let me know if you need more help.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Yes, what piano girl said. I think it's also called a gram scale. You can actually use a fingernail file when you start cutting it to shave small amounts off the pill. I guess as you got lower you might crush the pill to weigh the powder. When I was microtapering with liquid I would reduce 0.002 mg a day if that helps. You may want to go slower or faster than that. 

PVMN10

Hi PVMN10,

I'm also doing an Ativan Taper.  I learned about your questions from PianoGirl. She wrote a msg. over on the Ativan Support Group saying you were asking for help.

Here is a link for dry cutting and weighing instructions. 

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/direct/directHelp.htm?help=Readme+First

It was written by Jim Hawk, another Benzobuddie member to go with a computer application he developed.  I found his "Readme First" pages to be some of the better descriptions and illustrations I have seen to understand and get started.  You can play around with his computer application to get an idea of a schedule if you like.  He also has a liquid tapering section if you want to check that out too as an alternative.

If you want to learn to do your own math to create a titration schedule, you can ask specific questions here in the "Titration" section.

Because Ativan is short-acting, the total dose is often split 3 or 4 x daily to prevent inter-dose withdrawal symptoms.

I hope that helps a little bit to get started. 

Best wishes,

Luey

p.s. I don't usually read or reply on the Titration Section of the forum these days, so I might not check back here.  I used this section when I was learning about tapering methods.  Now I mainly interact on the ATIVAN SUPPORT THREAD for moral support. Join us there if you want to connect with other members tapering from Ativan.