How did you take Valium RX Liquid, the syrup is, uh, tastes terrible

[Ba...]

Hi, hey I am shocked how disgusting this stuff tastes. Thought they could make anything palatable in a syrup.

Did people here take it staight out of the syringe?  Put it in water?  Something?

Boy if they want to discourage anyone starting to use valium, they should only sell it in liquid form !

Hi, hey I am shocked how disgusting this stuff tastes. Thought they could make anything palatable in a syrup.

Did people here take it staight out of the syringe?  Put it in water?  Something?

Boy if they want to discourage anyone starting to use valium, they should only sell it in liquid form !

Very few folks ever take it full strength.  The label instruction actually says "Dilute before using to enhance palatability".

Most folks diute it 9:1 (.1mg=1ml) with water., but you can mix it with fruit juice, soft drink, or any liquid of your choice.

Taste is one big reason why the container advises to "dilute before using to enhance palatability."

Simple suggestion for dilution.

Get a clean jar and a 10 ML syringe.  Here is one on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYMOP6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use the syringe to draw 10 ml of liquid diazepam/valium and spray it onto the jar.

Next use the syringe to draw 10 ml of water and spray it into the jar with the liquid valium.  Do this a total of 9 times so that you have a total of 90 ml of water in the jar along with 10 ml of liquid valium.  Cover it and shake it and it is ready to use.  For each unit of valium you need to take you draw 10 mls of the solution.

Longer answer follows:

You dilute it with water for several reasons.

1. As you found out, the undiluted the liquid valium is very harsh tasting.  Once diluted to a 9 to one ratio of water to liquid Valium it tastes like mild

cough syrup.

2. The liquid valium is quite sticky and if you take it directly a small amount might stick in the syringe.

3. Most importantly, diluting the liquid valium gives you a solution with a lower concentration of valium. This allows you taper daily by a smaller amount.

I use a 10 ML syringe that has markings down to .2ml and a 1 ML syringe that allows me to easily make cuts of .1ml.  .1 ML of the solution is

equivalent to .01 mg of valium, that is 1/100 of a milligram.  If the liquid valium was undiluted I could not make these smaller cuts  This works better

for a daily liquid micro taper.

Just because it is a commonly referred to as a daily liquid microtaper, does not mean that you have to reduce the amount every day.  You can reduce the amount every other day or hold at the same dose when you need to.

Here is how I mix liquid Valium/Diazepam with water to create my daily solution.  I make a large batch that lasts me a week or two and I draw from it on a daily basis.  This is much easier than trying to mix one dose at a time every day and it is easy to measure the larger amounts of liquid Valium and water than it is to mix small daily amounts.

I use a 10 ML syringe that I bought in a batch from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYMOP6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought a jar from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076DJHYK4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can use a different jar, the most important thing being that it can seal tightly.  I bought several of the jars in case I break one.

I use the 10 ml syringe to draw out 10 mg of liquid valium/Diazepam and spray it into the jar.  I do this again and draw an additional 10 ml of liquid valium and spray it into the second jar with the water. The jar now has 20 ml of liquid valium/diazepam in it.

I then use the same syringe to draw 10 ml of water and spray it into the jar.  I do this 18 times so that the jar now has a total of 180 ml of water and 20 ml of liquid diazepam in it.

By drawing the water into the same syringe after I used it to draw the liquid diazepam and spraying it into the jar, I make sure to wash out any of the liquid Diazepam that might have stuck in the syringe--although none is visible to me.  You can also use a 50 ml syringe to measure it, but the 10 ml syringe works best for dosing because it has gradients or measuring marks as low as 2/10 of an ML.  This allows you to taper by 2/100s of a ml of liquid valium when the liquid valium is diluted with the water. 

I now have a jar with 200 ml of solution with the water at a 9-1 ratio with the liquid diazepam.  At this point I close and shake the jar.  I also shake it every day before drawing my daily dose.

Another thing that I do is pour a bunch of the liquid diazepam out of its container into a glass jar and use that to draw from to make my mixture.

I do this for two reasons:

1. It is very hard and awkward to draw the liquid diazepam out of its container while it is much easier to do so out of a jar since the jar has a wider top to

get the syringe into and is smaller and easier to work with.

2. I am afraid that I might wind up dropping or spilling the liquid diazepam container if I am trying to tilt it to draw liquid out of it with a syringe.

When taking my dose, I shake the jar with the mixture, open it, and use the 10 ml syringe to draw out 10 ml of the mixture.  Then I spray it down my throat.

Remember, Each 10 ML of the liquid I mixed consists of 9 ml of water and 1 Ml of liquid Valium/Diazepam.

I take as many 10 ml doses as I need for each mg of Valium that I take.

The 10 ML syringes have 4 markings between each individual ml mark to allow you to measure .2 of each ml.  This allows you to gradually taper.  Each of these .2 ml marks represents .02mg if you have diluted the liquid valium with 9ml of water for each ml of liquid valium. 

You can also get a smaller 1 ml syringe to incorporate in your taper.  This allows you to easily make cuts by .01ml, which is the equivalent of 1/100 of a mg of valium if you use the solution that suggested, which I originally read on this messagebaord and  am grateful to Builder for explaining and detailing.

hi thanks for the replies! 

However, not real focused so not getting all this.

I am trying the liquid to see how I might feel on it, and it is the  l mg equals 1 ml.

And am taking 1 ml., or 1 mg.

Am trying half a 2 mg tab, and l mg liquid,, just to see how it is.

My bottle does not say anyting about making it more palatable by diluting.  But yes it is god awful.

Can I fill my 1 cc syringe, and squirt into mouth some, followed by water chasers?  Or into a little jar with water and drink? 

Not sure my brain is up to figuring out for longer than one night at a time, tho of ouse thatmakes sense.

If I determine that can tolerate the syrup valium then guess would take a tablet , 2 mg until such time as want to slowly take less.  I guess could go down by .1 measurements?

hi thanks for the replies! 

My bottle does not say anyting about making it more palatable by diluting.  But yes it is god awful.

But the label on the original container from the mfgr does, guaranteed!

Can I fill my 1 cc syringe, and squirt into mouth some, followed by water chasers?  Or into a little jar with water and drink? 

It really doesn't matter how you take it, but...diluting it will not only make it more palatable, it will make it dramatically easier to handle and measure out your doses.

Open this link, look at the label images for "diazepam oral solution, 5mg=5ml"

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=diazepam+oral+solution&FORM=HDRSC2

You know, BarbaraAve, you come here complaining about Liquid Valium/Diazempam's taste and asking us how to take it.

Several people who have been using the same product point out that it the label specifies that it is meant to be diluted with water, and explain how to do it.

Then you respond that you are not real focused right now.  I don't know what else to tell you..

Try this since you have a 1 ml syringe: Draw a full syringe of liquid valium and spraying it into an empty jar,  Then use the same syringe to draw 9 full syringes of water into that jar.  Then cover the jar and shake it.  Then drink the whole amount.  The add a bit of water to the empty jar, shake it around, and drink that to get any residue.

Another solution is to get Get a clean jar and a 10 ML syringe.  Here is one on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYMOP6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use the syringe to draw 10 ml of liquid diazepam/valium and spray it onto the jar.

Next use the syringe to draw 10 ml of water and spray it into the jar with the liquid valium. 

Do this a total of 9 times with the water so that you have a total of 90 ml of water in the jar along with 10 ml of liquid valium. 

Cover it and shake it and it is ready to use.  For each mg of valium you need to take, draw 10 mls of the diluted solution that you have created into the syringe and shoot that into your mouth.  That is the equivalent of 1 ml/mg liquid valium .

That is as simple as it comes.

Next use the syringe to draw 10 ml of water and spray it into the jar with the liquid valium. 

Do this a total of 9 times so that you have a total of 90 ml of water in the jar along with 10 ml of liquid valium. 

Cover it and shake it and it is ready to use.  For each mg of valium you need to take, draw 10 mls of the diluted solution that you have created into the syringe and shoot that into your mouth.  That is the equivalent of 1 ml/mg liquid valium .

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know, BarbaraAve, you come here complaining about Liquid Valium/Diazempam's taste and asking us how to take it.

Several people who have been using the same product point out that it the label specifies that it is meant to be diluted with water, and explain how to do it.

Then you respond that you are not real focused right now.  I don't know what else to tell you..

Try this since you have a 1 ml syringe: Draw a full syringe of liquid valium and spraying it into an empty jar,  Then use the same syringe to draw 9 full syringes of water into that jar.  Then cover the jar and shake it.  Then drink the whole amount.  The add a bit of water to the empty jar, shake it around, and drink that to get any residue.

Another solution is to get Get a clean jar and a 10 ML syringe.  Here is one on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJYMOP6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do this a total of 9 times with the water so that you have a total of 90 ml of water in the jar along with 10 ml of liquid valium. 

Yes, that is very simple.  Thank you. 

But no, my bottle does not have the instructions that it should have, apparently.  I'm sure about that-- not confused on that one.

Thx again.

Yes, that is very simple.  Thank you. 

But no, my bottle does not have the instructions that it should have, apparently.  I'm sure about that-- not confused on that one.

Thx again.

Just an FYI (for all).

When you get a "re-packaged" (by the pharmacy, not the mfgr), the dosing instructions will be 1) per the Dr, and 2)  per the pharmacy guidelines.  It will almost certainly NOT include all the info provided by the mfgr.  But the complete PDL (and other documents) and original packaging label images are available online. 

Because of professional and legal concerns, docs are generally pretty conservative about Rx any scheduled drug.  Most docs will only Rx 30 days, and often require a revisit for a refill.  So your scrip will almost certainly be a repackage.  Because of my long term relationship with my doc (30+ years), and an established level of trust, he gave me 500ml/500mg (original mfgr packaging) scrips.