Liquid titration

[Mi...]

I'm currently at 8mg night dose and 2mg morning.  When I do liquid taper should I divide my dose into 2 equal jars and dose that way ? 5mg morning & 5mg night ?

I'm currently at 8mg night dose and 2mg morning.  When I do liquid taper should I divide my dose into 2 equal jars and dose that way ? 5mg morning & 5mg night ?

You can do that, but why?

Make a multi-day batch (maybe 100mg) and just measure up and take your planned doses.

A liquid taper is just a way to allow you to measure out your benzo in very tiny quantities/decrements.  Think of your liquid like it was a bottle of .01mg doses.  Just measure out how much you need.

builder and Libertas, I got some news today.  My Dr agreed to three month hold and liquid Diazapam.

Pharmacy looked it up and Hikma Pharmaceuticals are stopping production of the old Roxy.  They could get 6 bottles but I didn't want to start anything, I knew I was going to have to change  :(

Teva, who makes my pills, also makes it, so they are ordering that for me.  I know the way companies are dropping and switching generics right now, there are no guarantees.  Teva has been very consistent with my pills.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks everyone for all your help!!

The pharmacist used a Gold Good Rx , it was only $34.  ;)💜  Mary

builder and Libertas, I got some news today.  My Dr agreed to three month hold and liquid Diazapam.

Pharmacy looked it up and Hikma Pharmaceuticals are stopping production of the old Roxy.  They could get 6 bottles but I didn't want to start anything, I knew I was going to have to change  :(

Teva, who makes my pills, also makes it, so they are ordering that for me.  I know the way companies are dropping and switching generics right now, there are no guarantees.  Teva has been very consistent with my pills.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks everyone for all your help!!

The pharmacist used a Gold Good Rx , it was only $34.  ;)💜  Mary

Hello there, Mary.  Oh dear.  Thank you for letting the community know about the discontinuation of the Hikma/West-Ward formerly Roxane diazepam oral solution. You were wise to choose a different generic.  I agree 100% - there are no guarantees about generics these days!  Thanks also for sharing the price ($34 sounds quite reasonable) and the tip about using a coupon.  Libertas

Thanks so much for finding that out, Mary!

Are you talking about the 5mg/5ml brand of liquid Diazepam that is made by West-Ward?

That is the brand that I use.  Here is a link to it: http://www1.west-ward.com/sitecore/content/Sites/WestWardPublicSite/Home/Products/ProductsRoot/Diazepam%20Oral%20Solution

So will Teva now produce the 5mg/5ml brand of liquid Diazepam?

thanks

Thanks so much for finding that out, Mary!

Are you talking about the 5mg/5ml brand of liquid Diazepam that is made by West-Ward?

That is the brand that I use.  Here is a link to it: http://www1.west-ward.com/sitecore/content/Sites/WestWardPublicSite/Home/Products/ProductsRoot/Diazepam%20Oral%20Solution

So will Teva now produce the 5mg/5ml brand of liquid Diazepam?

thanks

Yes, that's the one.  I think Teva has made it for awhile, it's also the pills I take and they have been very consistent, so keeping my fingers crossed.    You should call and see if your pharmacy will get you as much as they can before it's gone.  I have been using same pharmacy for years and they were going to order me all they could get, 6 bottles, and keep them to dispense each month.  I just didn't want to start one I knew beforehand that I would have to change.  Good luck!!🍀 Mary