Protracted healer

[Br...]

I wanted to pop in quickly and say it took me 6 years to heal. I was on here under a different name for several years. Traumatized80. I was the most horrific case I had ever seen. I was poly drugged after 1 panick attack. I spent 14 months in and out of a psych ward, temporarily lost my nursing career, gave birth with over 150 sx and so much more.

I can't honestly go into such detail because its caused severe PTSD.  I was in SEVERE acute withdrawal/brain damage for 3.5 years. I spent 90 percent of my days screaming I'm agony and clinging to anyone that would tell me I would survive. In my eyes I am a walking miracle right now.. anyone that knows my story will vouch for me.  After 4.5 years I was still very debilitated but was able to return to work 2 days a week.

I spent the next 1.5 years slowwwwwwwly healing and never believing that some of the remaining acute like symptoms would go away.  This is why I wanted to come on and briefly say I am doing okay. I know some of you answered my messages every single day an old pretty much kept me alive in my darkest times.  I believe there is a list of my symptoms posted under my old name. 

I hope this gives some of you some comfort.  I also believe that we must look at other causes. I believe the drugs were just the last nail in the coffin for me.  I had toxic breast implants, metal filling ect.  Once I had the implants removed and the mental out of my mouth I began to heal rapidly.  However, I do not want anyone to read this and assume all of my issues were from them.. I had the implants and fillings fir more than 15 years and my symptoms did NOT occur until the doctors poisoned me.  However, I believe the over load on my system having had these things plus the drugs caused a cascade if events.  I wish you all the best. 

If I can recover.. anyone can recover... I remained off ALL drugs and let my brain and nervous system repair itself. The body and brain have an anate ability to heal theirselves. I'm proof

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks so much for letting us know.  Great to hear!! I'm finally noticing big improvements at 3+ years off, but the last 4.5 years have been horrific.  Like you, I don't wish to revisit the darkest times ever again, even to write my story.

All the best to you,

WR

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm glad you are feeling better. 

It gives me hope as I have been pollydrugged and now tapering off benzos for the second time. I feel scared a lot of the time and need many stories that people have recovered.

I'm wishing you continued healing and serenity.

My utmost and sincerest thanks for sharing your story here. I am sorry for your unbearable suffering and applaud your bravery at making it to the other side. My goodness. All the best for a healthy and wonderful life.

[c2...]
Wow. I was reading your posts a few days ago. The recovery you made is miraculous. Did you have OCD and racing thoughts?

I am SO glad to hear that you ate better.

Your list of symptoms resonated with me very strongly.

Sadly because of severe spinal muscle stuff I have had to reinstate and now on a different benzo but still in WD so got to get off that as well now.

I have often wondered what happened to you.

Thank you so much for writing this.

THANKS SO MUCH for coming back and attesting to healing!!! We get so many posts from people about healing vs. non-healing, especially on the protracted board, so it's wonderful that you've spoken out!!

I vaguely remember your name as traumatized80. I'm so glad you've healed!! I still have a ways to go, and I've been off benzos for 5 and 1/2 years. I'm slowly getting better, but I've made many mistakes and continue to make mistakes to this day (coffee!).

ENJOY YOUR LIFE!!! You've been through the wringer, and that's not saying it lightly. I, too, have been polydrugged on bp pills. I'm only now realizing that the more pills the doctors prescribed, the more my bp rose and caused many awful side effects. Doctors are TRULY IGNORANT about the body in terms of healing. They think that the more drugs they give, the better their medical reports will look to insurance companies, and they consider that they're doing their duty. Truly a nightmare of care...But in a way I can't blame them. They're under the gun, to so speak, and they have limited tools at their disposal. I wish I'd known this way back when.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wonderful post! It is very reassuring to see a severely protracted sufferer come back and give good news. All the best to you, brave and strong warrior!

I remember reading posts from you as traumatized80.

This site truly has saved lives and made it possible to recover through the hope that is shared here.

Thanks for sharing your story.  Good luck and continued healing.

Hello and thankyou for posting this. I am over 4 years off now and wondering if this is it for healing. Mentally and emotionally healed for 12 months but still crippled by muscle pain. I hope this corrects over time like you did.

Thankyou for coming back.

Thank you for coming back with your story. It means a lot to all of us here waiting for our turn for success. Your story is incredible. You did this while carrying a child and then having to deal with caring for a baby. You had a hard recovery to say the least. Not a lot will shake you after this. Congratulations.

Becky  :smitten:

Thank you so much for coming back and writing this. You give me hope that this pain may stop one day. I have a very similar story to you with getting akathisia from ssris adverse reactions. I’m just starting on my 4th year and still in hell. I had another adverse reaction to amoxicillin antibiotic a year ago that started me over– just one dose & had a floxed reaction.... so I need to ask— do these medicine sensitivities go away with time? Can you take simple medicine when needed now? I’m so sensitive to everything I get waves from deodorant. I tried a baby aspirin in 2017 and it messed me up.  I can’t take or touch anything or risk another multiple years of this. I fear I’ll have to live my life without any medical intervention or to risk akathisia again. I’m in my 20s and haven’t had kids yet so this is worrying to me. Can you share if you had the chemical sensitivity issues also during your recovery?

Thank you again. I’m so sorry for what you went through, but so glad to hear of your success.

Welcome back! So proud of you and your hard fought journey. Seeing is believing. And your proof healing does happen. Even in the most extreme cases like yourself!!! I hope people in doubt hold onto to your words. They should inspire many. Congrats again...your one tuff cookie! Keep pushing forward!! Nothing can stop you NOW!

[3e...]

Thank you very much for saying these encouraging things, it’s the first time I’m thinking I maybe can survive this horrible nightmare.

Good luck in your great new life! 🤗

— Sonic

• 3 weeks later...
K Rock, thank you for answering all of my desperate messages and essentially helping to keep me alive the first 3 years. There are not msny of us that had withdrawal/adverse reactions to the severity we did for as long as we did and survived.  I will forever be grateful for your encouraging words almost daily for a long time. I am going to attach a picture of me now... life is good ..wben wity the fact that both of my patents passed away while i was enduring medical induced brain and body damage... I was heaked just in time to care for my mom in her last days of life and I thank God for that!  I had well over 100 symptoms and lost 60 pounds during my time in this hell. Words are not even appropriate enough to detail my experience. If i csn survive ANYONE can. I will not be postkng a picture of me during my tome in neurotoxicity.. its to painful to relive. but i will post one of me now.  To encourage others that its possible and NOTHING will ever phase yoy after healing from this this experience...... I miss my parents soooo deeply.. but i am alive and this is normal grief... its NORMAL to grieve. I never thought id be bsck on thos this board telling others they would survive.. i never imagined is survive. My baby kept me alive and a few friends i met here on bb. as well as my dear mom.. who stayed on the phone with me up to 12 hours a day to keep me here fir my son. Shes now my angel in heaven watching  over us both. If i hslad not had these people i would not have survived.  Believe me..those that walled it with me know how bad it was...  Ok i cant seem to figure out how to attach a picture..so ill just make it my icon. Take care everyone.  Im 39 and lost over 6 years of my life.. lots of maming up to do ..especially to my son! 
  • Love 1

Hi brighter days!

Just wanted to pop in and say if you still wanted to add a picture of your beautiful healthy self have you tried clicking the icon under the Bold button on the menu? You then copy your pic between the links,: ' alt='smiley.gif' alt=':)'>'>

Hopefully that helps?

Taylor

• 1 month later...

Hi, for personal reasons I have decided not to post a picture. Mpst do not suffer this severely for this long. I was totally tortured by Medical Doctors and big pharma.  At this point I just want to enjoy life. I hope everyone here believes that even the very worst can and will heal. If it was infact the medications that caused ur damage.. You will heal!!!!  Please look at healing ur body entirely when you are able.  I am deactivating this account but, wanted to say Goodbye to so msny of you that quite literally kept me and my little boy Alive! 

Take care

Angela

K Rock, thank you for answering all of my desperate messages and essentially helping to keep me alive the first 3 years. There are not msny of us that had withdrawal/adverse reactions to the severity we did for as long as we did and survived.  I will forever be grateful for your encouraging words almost daily for a long time. I am going to attach a picture of me now... life is good ..wben wity the fact that both of my patents passed away while i was enduring medical induced brain and body damage... I was heaked just in time to care for my mom in her last days of life and I thank God for that!  I had well over 100 symptoms and lost 60 pounds during my time in this hell. Words are not even appropriate enough to detail my experience. If i csn survive ANYONE can. I will not be postkng a picture of me during my tome in neurotoxicity.. its to painful to relive. but i will post one of me now.  To encourage others that its possible and NOTHING will ever phase yoy after healing from this this experience...... I miss my parents soooo deeply.. but i am alive and this is normal grief... its NORMAL to grieve. I never thought id be bsck on thos this board telling others they would survive.. i never imagined is survive. My baby kept me alive and a few friends i met here on bb. as well as my dear mom.. who stayed on the phone with me up to 12 hours a day to keep me here fir my son. Shes now my angel in heaven watching  over us both. If i hslad not had these people i would not have survived.  Believe me..those that walled it with me know how bad it was...  Ok i cant seem to figure out how to attach a picture..so ill just make it my icon. Take care everyone.  Im 39 and lost over 6 years of my life.. lots of maming up to do ..especially to my son!

Your welcome!! I'm glad i could help. I was worried about you during your darker hours. I'm so happy your doing better and made it through this bullshit. You were a mess back in the day!! That's for dam sure. But so was I. Both of our withdrawls were just BRUTAL!! Hard to believe were both here now telling people that they will heal and were both well now. Who would of thought!!??! Yet here we are. I pray people here hold onto our words of hope and encouragement!! Even the most extreme withdrawl cases heal. It just takes some time.

Anyways... Glad all that is in the past now. You have a GREAT life ahead of you. So sorry to hear about your parnets. Their watching over you now with a great big smile.....watching you live your withdrawl free life.

You survived some hardcore shit!!  You've been thru the worst. Now you deserve the best. Enjoy life to its fullest!! After what you've been thru....You can conquer anything!!!

I wish you all the very best in life, you are a true warrior, and than you so much for reaching out to me, I am still hanging on to every word you said, and to also Krock, your both champions for helping others, so a big thank you  :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
I have PTSD too. Very severe PTSD......I can barley enter a hospital anymore. The treatment during withdrawal damaged me forever mentally, doctors can’t be trusted.
  • Love 1

Hi Brighterdays,

Did you suffer from dementia symptoms? If you did, did they get better and how are they today?

I'm suffering form all the cognitive symptoms: severe memory impairment, planning difficulty, reasoning difficulty, mental fatigue, etc. and wondering if you suffered the same.

All the best,

Taylor

Thank you for coming back and sharing your stories with us! Wish you a continue happy life with lots of joy and happiness.

Your story give me hope. 3.5 years out still suffering greatly and crying every day with severe headpain and anxiety.